Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
If it performs like you want... go for it. For me it would look better with a big tire on front as well as a the one on back.

How did you clean your engine? Not the covers, but the case, jugs, and head.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it performs like you want... go for it. For me it would look better with a big tire on front as well as a the one on back.

How did you clean your engine? Not the covers, but the case, jugs, and head.
hi it is having the same fatt wheel up front just waiting for the tyre . the engine was fully stript and soda blasting did the job . thanks for the comment ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
work looks good but the "bratt" gave me hives and that rear tire is full blown dumb. \

Put a real tires and drop the fashion labels - my 2 suggestions.
there ok the tyres for this bike its no cafe racer , as for fashion labels who givs a fuck its what i whant on the bike:rolleyes: i was using these tyres on choppers a long time back befor they was puting them cafe racers and stuff . if you dont like the bike dont look at it thers loads more shit to slag off on this site haha

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
there ok the tyres for this bike its no cafe racer , as for fashion labels who givs a fuck its what i whant on the bike:rolleyes: i was using these tyres on choppers a long time back befor they was puting them cafe racers and stuff . if you dont like the bike dont look at it thers loads more shit to slag off on this site haha

Ppl get so defensive when members comment on there projects. Don't post it if you don't want feedback. If all your looking for is pats on the backs and attaboys then go post it on FB or something where ppl will just give blind compliments. There is a lot I like about the bike, but I think the rear end looks stupid and the fat tires are kind of Hipster. Love the paint job and the engine work. Anything mechanical change? What did you do for front and rear shocks? Any brake upgrades?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
you also miss fenders and your tank is out of whack. I am sure its not finished. You miss carbs too.

As far far as not looking at your bike - don't be so silly as to get butthurt from comments on a bike that you post here for feedback.

Positive: it doesn't have silly holes drilled on the swingarm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What tank and yr is it that you used ? I ilke the brat style bikes, to each his own i say when your spending your time and money.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
It's very clean and shiny, and with clown shoe tires it makes for a very nice rolling art project. Did you design the headlamp bracket? That's clever.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Is that how the tank will mount or will the front sit higher...looks like it has a camel hump the way it is

i also like the headlight mount. Custom?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It looks similar to this bike:

I don't know what you would call these, I must not be keeping up with trends. Looks like a cross between a bobber and a standard.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The rear end on them just look silly...unfinished...not sure if the seat needs to be longer or what...but then it is simply a brat style???

·
Registered
185 Posts
Judging from the front brake that is a CL not a CB (I've got two of those brakes out in the garage). I think you've done a great job cleaning this one up, and while I'm
not a nut for stock, I think this one is a candidate for keeping it like Honda made it.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
quote from another thread mr walker brothers chose to contribute after feeling sorry for lack of unilateral praise:

you taking the piss mate how the fuck can you comment on the stuff i build when your tuning out shit like this :rolleyes:
haha
If you ask me you can leave this site. You have not contributed in any other way than by posting pics of your projects and apparently you only accept praise as feedback.

now before you leave I would like to know how much lighter/stronger this swing arm is compared to stock? Or does it just look so much better?

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
since "brat" style is being thrown around a lot here, maybe it is time for a refresher on what brat style actually is. it is this:

http://www.bratstyle.com/custom_bikes/custom_bikes.html

notice how much more chopper oriented it is than what these fashiony kids are calling "brat" bikes. don't get me wrong, it is excellent work but it is also pretty clear these are style bikes. What people in the states/europe are calling brat style is just a made up fiction of their imagination not anything related to the original custom house responsible for the style.

walker - your metal work skills are always excellent and your bikes always come out awesome looking. If we can just break you of this strange need to gravitate to useless shitty parts your bikes would be world class. Those firestone tires aren't even "road legal" in the united states let alone safe - nobody who wants to be taken seriously uses them (except chopper guys).

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
quote from another thread mr walker brothers chose to contribute after feeling sorry for lack of unilateral praise:

If you ask me you can leave this site. You have not contributed in any other way than by posting pics of your projects and apparently you only accept praise as feedback.

You should have seen the email I got from him :) It was kinda funny.

Geeto...would you consider the one I posted a few posts up a true brat? It seems to carry some of the characteristics, yet isnt quite as "chopper" as a lot being put out by that shop.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts