Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1970 CB450. It runs great and has been mostly restore cosmetic-wise. I know my way around a wrench, but have never worked (or owned) a bike. What can I do to make the thing breath a little easier?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
you aren't going to notice large gains until you do big bore kit and cams. your best bet is to leave it stock, just a good tune up with:
adjust valves
new points
new plugs
maybe put in new rings and clean up the valve seats if you want to delve a little further.
and for God's sake, don't put clubmans and a ill fitting bump seat on it.
If given a mostly stock 450, i would tune up, new tires, CB400 bars, remove signals and mirrors, change the exhaust, upgrade the rear shocks and front fork oil and seals or upgrade the forks. but thats just me.

Fill out your bio.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
you aren't going to notice large gains until you do big bore kit and cams. your best bet is to leave it stock, just a good tune up with:
adjust valves
new points
new plugs
maybe put in new rings and clean up the valve seats if you want to delve a little further.
and for God's sake, don't put clubmans and a ill fitting bump seat on it.
If given a mostly stock 450, i would tune up, new tires, CB400 bars, remove signals and mirrors, change the exhaust, upgrade the rear shocks and front fork oil and seals or upgrade the forks. but thats just me.

Fill out your bio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts