Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm having a few difficulties with wiring the warning lights on new speedo for my 1991 Honda CB450 DX. I've tried several combinations but not getting very far (also unable to find a clear diagram for a 450DX)

The speedo was provided with these instructions:

IMG_4892.JPG

And this is the loose wiring situation in the headlamp (7 wires):

IMG_5758.JPG

If anyone has any experience with wiring these speedo lights or has a similar bike some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Is a 12 volt bike, everything you touch that is hot will be roughly 12.5 volts direct current.
You need the real wiring diagram for your bike, should have been in the owner manual if not you need to find on on the net.

... how come nobody knows about electricity, are public school teaches just stupid on the subject now-a-days and skip teaching it?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Get a volt meter or 12vdc circuit tester, Turn on the key. Turn on the left signal, check wires until one makes the meter bounce, label it, Do the same for the right side, the high beam, one should show turning the lights on, one for neutral etc. Process of elimination.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that looks like the correct manual, will see if I can translate the Spanish electrical section.

Cool, thanks for the tip Woodsman. I’ll give that a go with a voltmeter.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Is super easy to translate service manuals :| half the stuff is obvious because of the pictures and nomenclature.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Use the positive wire that used to go to the speedo back lights

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I didn't look at the wiring diagram but it appears to be for older bikes then yours. I would look for a 450n schematic.

Where are you that you ended up with a Brazil o beast?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts