Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title suggests. Anyone got some good ideas for wire wheels for a honda cb900 1983.

Heard gl1000 will fit, does that include hubs etc fitting?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I guess if you have the shaft drive 900 GL wheels could fit?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I guess if you have the shaft drive 900 GL wheels could fit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I have chain drive....there has to be an answer somewhere without going down the expensive custom wheel road!?

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
you have a chain drive cb900 from 1983? is it a cb900F?

there is an answer between custom wheels and bolt on shit - it is called machining parts to fit......

here in the states we only got 2 versions of the 900 and only until 1982. The first version is the 900F with comstars, and the second was the 900c with a shaft drive (which because the cb1000c in 1983).

How about a pic of the bike to help identify parts?

if you are looking for a straight bolt on answer you may not get one. this is a common issue with honda and their comstars, the spoke wheel brake stuff doesn't fit the comstar wheel stuff.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
When researching this for a 750 I think I found a gl1000 front wheel goes on fairly easily but the rear is an issue. There is pretty much no easy way.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Just find a dis brake spoked rear wheel and have spacers made to center it in swing arm.
If you don't mind fitting a new rim it gives yu more options as you only need a hub

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its an 83 cb900fd boldor. Really think the way I'm going to go with it needs wire wheels...

Will look into the gl1000 with spacers...

I don't mind different rims its the hub I'm trying to figure out...

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
1977 Suzuki GS750, Kawasaki KZ of various years, CB750 F1.
If you find a 40 hole MX rear hub from late 80's on they can be made to fit (I don't think I would use a 36 hole hub, it may be strong enough but I'm not an engineer)
If you weld a torque arm bracket to swing arm you could use a drum brake and fit almost anything

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, am new to the forum, i have a 79 cb900 boldor (comstars) and am wanting to fit a wider rear wheel. Does anyone know whether a cb900c rear comstar will fit? as it has a 2.5 inch wide rear wheel
& in Australia we did not get the cb900c so i will have to buy from US. Alternatively does anyone know of a set of spoked wheels that would fit the boldor (maybe cb750 models?) am after a 2.5 inch wide rear preferably 16 inch (can get cooler vintage style tires!)

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
I can tell you right off the bat it won't because the cb900c is shaft drive with no provision for a cush drive.

however, go to cb1100f.net. register. and then search for cbr wheel swap. read. the rear is as close as you are going to get for bolt on. Same with an early 1980's interceptor wheel. you will need all the brake components for whatever wheel you are swaping.

and 16" rear wheel on a roller door is fucking retarded. As is those firestones I can just feel you jonesing for by mentioning "vintage style tires".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts