Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have rearsets, please let me see. im trying to keep the stock pipes because mine are in perfect shape but im having trouble postioning rearsets because they are in the way.
i dont understand how a passenger could do it.

Ideas?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here is my TriYamaHondaSaki with rearsets I got from www.motobits.com and the stock pipe - btw it is/was a CL175
Right Side

Left Side

When you said CL I didn't know if you meant the CL175.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 450 so the pipe is a bit bigger and causes more of a problem, plus the smaller CLs have those clamp on style rear pegs where mine is welded.

i think im going to have to weld a plate lowering the pass. peg postion lower. Im using a set of R6 rear sets i have.
another idea was to see if i could raise the pipes a bit.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i think you should spend your money on some mens shoes instead.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ya, i wear nothin but vans, redwings, and a-stars, but those are some ghey looking vans. although chex and skulls are cool. sorry, this thread has already started off questionably. i gotta puch it into submission as fast as possible. now, about those glasses......

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Jesus. At least wear some fucking socks.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
some chiro is going pay off a range rover or bmw out of some of you guys wallets

I can't say I could be paid to take a torture machine like that around the block

can you actually ride that thing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i love you guys
socks are on, R6 rears set-40$,sorry i made the seat with scraps.
i dont know why i bothered..this is why i never post

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
you guys are going to give this dude a complex.... unfortunately.... if you post pics, you will receive harassment

matt

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
derek-

it's all good...all for fun, i mean nixoid's seat just makes me laugh a lot. and yeah, i didn't post much either until i met a ton of the guys on here...and basically, we're all wankers. anyway, how do you like the R6 rearsets...i used 'em on my 350 for a while and the brackets were so big they just put everything way too far up and back for me.

-tt

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey Derek:

I think in this case, it's better just to keep the stock peg location. Also, on your seat, I think it will work better if you cut an angle slanting rearwards. This should give you a better riding position. You know GNG offered to sew seats covers for the cost of materials, right?

--Chris

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
hey I was just asking if you can actually ride that......

I know I couldn't and wouldn't

I'm sure the R6 sets are fine but

they aren't "rear sets" until they are mounted rearward and low enough your knees aren't fouling your arms

those mid mount san fran pegs look to me like they want some 15-21" tall apes

which would actually make it somewhat ridable

that's the way I see it anyhow

but you are young and maybe too young to appreciate things like intelligent ergonomics and a bike that actually fits you

when they do, they become much easier to make keep up with a guy like me that would otherwise spank you up and down the road on a 30 horsepower chopper with over 40 degrees rake and maybe a 12 over springer

I don't care one bit about skulls, flames, and other scary stuff

but there are really good reasons why proper motorcycle foot wear covers riders' ankles

hope you don't have to learn the hard way

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts

"hey funboy, want to go to dusseldorf and see the kraftwerk show?"

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
by the way of full disclosure...here are my rearsets on a CB350 from a honda 929. i can't weld brackets yet, so they're held on with P-clamps from that silly Kuryakyn aftermarket chrome company....the clamps rock by the way. but my shit is kinda half-assed too.

-tt

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Derek, why don't you show some close ups of how the R6 pegs mount?

I fail to understand why you think the stock pipes would get in the way of mounting those where they need to be to fit you on that bike.

They need to be much further back and quite a bit lower.

CW magazine gives measurements and angles of most all bikes they test and it is quite reasonable to locate your pegs based off of:

1) your seating is established

2) your handlebars are pretty much established although somewhat adjustable

3) if the seat and bar locations suit your upper body

then simply put your feet where it all makes sense and doesn't leave you with a few reversals in your upper spine and maybe a few degenerated discs in your lower...... takes years for it to start causing problems but the bottom line is

put them where they make sense, even if you have to cut/fab/weld.....

and if you are some sort of aboriginally skeletoned contortionist

my apologies but you appear to be a normal mammal like most the rest of us

1 - 20 of 51 Posts