Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the paintwork back today and did a quick fit to see what it will look like. Pretty good I think..

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I am going to steal your idea of making an adjustable table using the ramp and lift. How long is that ramp? It looks like the one that came with my hitch mount bike carrier.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm sure it's just me - the green doesn't do anything for me. I would have picked a red or blue color combo on the tins - but that's me and not you.. nice job on the build...

Interesting lift - I'm thinking it would make the lift a little more stable if you had a brace to floor on each end of the of the ramp. Sort of like an adjustable pole that would drop down through the ramp and be pinned to the proper height.

This bike is pretty light so it may not matter that much. I'd hate to have a almost completed bike tip off the lift and smash down on the floor. I have a lift table and I love it but I might steal this idea as an extra lift table..neat stuff...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm sure it's just me - the green doesn't do anything for me. I would have picked a red or blue color combo on the tins - but that's me and not you.. nice job on the build...

Interesting lift - I'm thinking it would make the lift a little more stable if you had a brace to floor on each end of the of the ramp. Sort of like an adjustable pole that would drop down through the ramp and be pinned to the proper height.

This bike is pretty light so it may not matter that much. I'd hate to have a almost completed bike tip off the lift and smash down on the floor. I have a lift table and I love it but I might steal this idea as an extra lift table..neat stuff...

·
Registered
546 Posts
hi,
i would not be in a hurry to copy that lift.....if it bleeds down at all the straps go limp and bike goes over! a heavier bike will be unstable on it and the pump side is always in the way .....go buy youself some 1" sq tubing,ply wood and a ram from harbor freight and make one up for less than a hundred bucks..made this about 15 years ago. still works fine or do a google search and make one that you like..

·
Registered
546 Posts
hi,
i would not be in a hurry to copy that lift.....if it bleeds down at all the straps go limp and bike goes over! a heavier bike will be unstable on it and the pump side is always in the way .....go buy youself some 1" sq tubing,ply wood and a ram from harbor freight and make one up for less than a hundred bucks..made this about 15 years ago. still works fine or do a google search and make one that you like..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice build. Are you planning to put the rubber side pads? If not, I would have removed the metal that holds them to clean it up.

Nice lift table, Joe! I'll be learning to weld soon and a lift table is on the "to build" list. Is the 1" square tubing strong enough? Does it flex during lift?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice build. Are you planning to put the rubber side pads? If not, I would have removed the metal that holds them to clean it up.

Nice lift table, Joe! I'll be learning to weld soon and a lift table is on the "to build" list. Is the 1" square tubing strong enough? Does it flex during lift?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by JackC

I am going to steal your idea of making an adjustable table using the ramp and lift. How long is that ramp? It looks like the one that came with my hitch mount bike carrier.
Six foot ramp from Cycle Gear $29 bucks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by JackC

Six foot ramp from Cycle Gear $29 bucks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by joe1028

hi,
i would not be in a hurry to copy that lift.....if it bleeds down at all the straps go limp and bike goes over! ]
Not true, it has a locking mechanism. Bigger bikes will however be unstable and you are limited to about 400 pounds. The ramp unbolts quickly for storage and the pump handle is removable so it is out of the way. I do not have enough room for a real ramp.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts