Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Geets,
Typically an old parts book will show the bike serial numbers for the update. ie. Part #1 good for xxxxx - xxxxx and part #2 good for xxxxx - xxxxx etc.
See it quite a bit in the late 60's parts books. I think either part will fit in a lot of cases but the serial number reference is there anyway. Sometimes there was a sizable update where the parts won't interchange...but usually you'll notice numerous other parts in the same category with different part numbers.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I know what CB175 they used a lot of carry over parts from the CB/CL 160....the CB175 part number would still have the CB160 three digit code.

The most rare and valuable parts book ever produced by Honda (My dealer parts guy has only seen a couple of them printed) is a part code cross reference. Meaning they give a part number and then all the bike codes that the part will fit. It mostly deals with more common parts like filters, brake parts...but does list some engine parts and the like. I've looked high and low for one and I've never found one. I don't even know if they ever publish them anymore. The way Honda does their part numbers an oil filter from one bike could fit another bike perfectly and it would never show up on the computer because the three digit code in the middle is different.
JohnnyB

PS. I don't see a 403 in any of my literature...I see 404 and 405 and 401.

Edited by - jbranson on Jul 16 2007 8:11:42 PM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts