Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know why honda would have 2 different part numbers for the same part on the same make/model/year bike?

I am looking at the carb intake rubbers for the 1976 cj360T and honda has 2 parts numbers listed for the same part and both are listed as available. otherwise the part looks identical. Any idea why they did this?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is this doesn't look like a superceeded part number. I was looking at honda parts direct's fiche and it literally shows both parts on the fiche. Normally when there is a superceede it is indicated in red on the part number.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jack,

the cj is the stripper cafe racer model of the cb series - kick start only a wide ratio roadrace style five speed instead of a close ratio 6 speed, a 2 into 1, braced frame, and bodywork that looks like a 75-78 cb750F. It is also lighter than the cb360 and cl360. Other than the no starter and the 5 speed the motor is the same as the cb/cl 360s. The CJ is kinda rare because it was only made for 2 years 75-76, and only in one color (dark red with blue and gold graphics). The part I need is the rubber going from the carb into the head.

Ken,

that is the weird part both par numbers have a 000 third set of codes:

http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

one is: 16211-369-000
the other is: 16211-403-000

both appear on the fiche picture. The later looks like it takes an o-ring while the former uses a gasket. my only though on this is they changed the design mid season and offered both parts. The later part because of the o-ring is also 71 cents more expensive.

if you look on the fiche it is both part #8 and part #9.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to go out on a whim here and go with the cb360 part number since the motors seem to be the same (atleast use the same head). that is the 369 number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts