Cafe Racer Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I'm not really keen on rebuilding an engine ATM either. None of that sounds fun. But Making a honda tripplehawk sounds like alot of fun haha.
Man I can totally relate to this statement.

Now that we've all called each other ** **'s we can move on.

Awhile back there was a guy here who was making a cafe racer based around a Maserati motor...V-6. I commented on that because everyone seemed so excited about it and in my opinion only because it was Maserati. My contention was that if it said Ford or Honda or Yamaha everyone would laugh it out of existence....kinda like here.

The guy had mad skills and you could see it. Like most threads back in the day it went to shit quickly and unfortunately the OP removed most of the cool progress he was making. I don't know.....if he could make a Maserati work.....putting a triple in an old Honda frame for someone like him would be a piece of cake.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle registration plate Plant

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a set of yellow slightly scuffed 955i/T595 lower fairings (I see that you already have the upper) that you could have. I also have a T595 engine with 2 of the motor mounts busted, and a cracked frame (no, I didn't crash the bike, these were all parts of a basket case rebuild that I took on) if you want to practice the conversion.

Personally I love my naked Triumph T595, and would encourage you to ride the Triumph for a little while before getting out the angle grinder, although I can appreciate your interest in taking on such an epic build.

I see lots of used Honda 750 engines for not much $'s, that and some new bushings and bearings and a fork rebuild you could have a sweet old school bike, but that is just me.

Either way, I am looking forward to see where your take this.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts