Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
In all serious......I've always wondered about the new commando.

It looks life a fabulous ride with classic lines and timeless styling. I guess performance wise......owning various sport bikes and the like.......I wonder if it would be seriously dissapointing.

Screenshot_2017-01-24-09-20-43-1.png

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Too much tension going on in the Ducati going down the tube thread.............time to relax and enjoy the flowers.

This truck is better than your jag....

Screenshot_2017-05-01-13-59-24-1.png

Can you have a look under there and see if there's anything wrong?

Screenshot_2017-05-01-14-00-47-1.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
I,m either way on harleys but I am a little sick of running into dead ends on converting my Jap bike to a cafe when you find that any companies making "customizing products" only make them for harley davidson. Example drop in fork shortening kits by RyCA etc...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I,m either way on harleys but I am a little sick of running into dead ends on converting my Jap bike to a cafe when you find that any companies making "customizing products" only make them for harley davidson. Example drop in fork shortening kits by RyCA etc...
The reason companies will make and sell custom bits for HD and Sportsters in particular is the fact that they can manufacture one part which will work on pretty much all models. You cant do the same thing with Jap bikes because something that works on a CB wont necessarily work on a KZ / XS / GS.

Plus there's more of a market for HD stuff by reason of sheer volume.

Anyway, if you don't know how to shorten a fork on a Jap bike or why it may not be a good idea you probably should just leave the custom building alone.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
So if you can't find it in a catalog, listed as fitting your "Jap" bike specifically, you're at a dead end?

I don't think you're paying attention...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
So if you can't find it in a catalog, listed as fitting your "Jap" bike specifically, you're at a dead end?

I don't think you're paying attention...
Yeah, kind of missing the whole point.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts