Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know how do you hold the backplate of a t500 front drum to a cb350 fork leg?
Do you need to weld a tab on the leg?
or can i weld a threaded boos on the backplate for a torque arm?
Any help or pictures is welcome.
thank you,
marc

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I would have boss welded to back plate, if you distort fork it wont work, if you get distortion on back plate it's easier to fix

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I would have boss welded to back plate, if you distort fork it wont work, if you get distortion on back plate it's easier to fix

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
This is how I did a T500 to a CB550 fork ... I'm using a caliper mounting point here, but you could probably use one of the fender mount bolt holes. I drilled and tapped two 6mm holes on either side of the backing plate "Lug" slot and made a stay rod that connected to the bolt hole on the fork. Worked great.
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
This is how I did a T500 to a CB550 fork ... I'm using a caliper mounting point here, but you could probably use one of the fender mount bolt holes. I drilled and tapped two 6mm holes on either side of the backing plate "Lug" slot and made a stay rod that connected to the bolt hole on the fork. Worked great.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
i will try to make a bracket and if i'm not happy with the result i will bring the backplate at work to weld a threaded boss.
I dont really want to tilt the backplate foward, i want to retain a good angle for the speedo drive.This bike will be a road bike for this summer and if everything work has planned i want to participate at least the quebec and maybe shannonville vrra round.
marc

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,
i will try to make a bracket and if i'm not happy with the result i will bring the backplate at work to weld a threaded boss.
I dont really want to tilt the backplate foward, i want to retain a good angle for the speedo drive.This bike will be a road bike for this summer and if everything work has planned i want to participate at least the quebec and maybe shannonville vrra round.
marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts