Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This old lady is selling her dead husbands 1978 bmw r80/7 that runs and all. I'm new to motorcycles, and this could be my first one (as shes selling it for $800), but she says it has 45,000 miles. I'm not too sure but from looking at other bikes, i think it might be 4,500 miles. Theres a pic, can someone confirm how many miles are on this pup?

12.jpg 12.jpg

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Makes no difference is probably 45k or better, you should have bought it instantly :/ do you honestly think a little old widow lady has a clue about the motorcycle or the value of it? Give the poor old girl the 800$ and say thank you I will give it a good home.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Dude a /7 for $800?...

giphy.gif

but, that bike has 45K miles according to the odometer. For an airhead that is barely broken in.

Now, I hope you aren't going to be stupid and take a sawsall to the thing because you think the first thing a cafe racer needs is a chopped tail....because BMW's be special yo, and those "subframes are the rear shock mounts and quite fragile in stock form.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah sorry guys it was a scam. She wanted me to pay for it on ebay and shell ship it to me. oh well, ill keep looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts