Cafe Racer Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
quote:Originally posted by dirkchecken
When you free your mind, if YOU can free it, you will come to see that everything you do in life, if done by free will without force, will be with purpose and every moment will be enlightening. Unlock your mind and this will be your destiny. [/quote]your not originally from SA are you?. i lived there for a number of years and no way could you go around spouting off this crap.you give texans a bad name. you must be a northern snow bird who's real name is "todd"(if your from sa you know who todd is).buy a bike already. we're recovering from a hurricane in the nj area.people dont have gas/water/elec.we have other concerns other than reading this crap.
[/quote]

No gas water elect but you can surf the threads here at CR.net.
I guess I'm not the only one obsessed with cafe racing.

I'm on the board to help me purchase the right starter bike, why should I rush this. When the time is right it will be so.

·
Registered
997 Posts
[/quote]

No gas water elect but you can surf the threads here at CR.net.

I'm on the board to help me purchase the right starter bike, why should I rush this. When the time is right it will be so.
[/quote]go re-read what i wrote . i said "people" not i (i was w/o power for 3 days).im not the one "obsessed with cafe racing". go read my thread on 80's racing pics. theres were my posts come from. RACING not "cafe racing" or whatever you think.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Generalbuttnaked

Cafe Racers and cafe racing are two entirely different things.
Your not 'obsessed' with either, your just obsesses with the idea.
Why don't you buy a HD and get some 48hr tattoo's? (or did you already try that?)

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Jordan,
First off, do not presume to have a relationship that does not exist; I am not your brother. I do not agree with the BS that you insist on spouting as fact, when they are not even well thought out philosophical ideas. What does "cafe out" even mean? You are also very presumptuous in coming on here to "enlighten" us. Given that you have not ever worked on a motorcycle before, you should really consider getting a bike and some experience before trying to make choices beyond the advice that has been offered up here. There is no mystical wisdom or philosophy in mechanical work, it is just nuts and bolts. If you understand that relationship, then fine it can be relaxing work. If you don't understand it then you never will, so enjoy riding.

If you want some philosophy, then I can recommend "The Tao Te Ching", by Lao Tzu. Consider this, if you will,

"The thirty spokes unite in the one nave; but it is on the empty
space for the axle, that the use of the wheel depends. Clay is
fashioned into vessels; but it is on their empty hollowness, that
their use depends. The door and windows are cut out from the walls
to form an apartment; but it is on the empty space within, that its
use depends. Therefore, what has a positive existence serves for
profitable adaptation, and what has not that for actual usefulness."

I think The Tao has a lot of usefulness that is applicable to motorcycles and motorcycling. Way more than "opening minds".

BTW. You might want to work on reading comprehension, your question about the CB200T tank on the CB350 has been answered in this thread. However, for your convenience I will reiterate the answer and even expand on it. The CB200T tank will work on a CB350 with minor adjustments to the front mount and minor modification to the rear mount points to either the tank and/or the frame. But, based on my personal experience, I still have a 200T tank sitting on the shelf, I think the tank looks better on the 200 than it does on the 350. The size is wrong on a 350. I believe a CB400F tank looks better on the 350 although the CB500T tank is probably the best looking Honda tank from that era.

Finally, if you really want there to be a "Brotherhood of Cafe Racers and mechanical mysticism" I would suggest that you check out www.dotheton.com and hook up with Brother Joeyputt.

Ken

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
You haven't grasped that my ideas on enlightment transcends motorcycles.

Your recommended reads are good, yes philosophical but subjective.

The rest of your reply minus the bike speak is presumptuous. But that's ok nobody's perfect. I appreciate the advise on my future bike build.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
quote:Originally posted by Big Bad Bob Dog

As I said. Troll guys. Do not feed.
C'mon now Bbbd, I just want to get some good advise on building a future bike, don't dog me out. Help me gain knowledge, help me grow man.

We can leave all aspects of phylisophy out of it and keep it techinical.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Not even a very good troll. I was hoping for more entertainment value. I even threw out a whole bunch of potential bait.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Sounds like we have some folks trying to spark trollism when all I wanted to do is talk about a bike and my passion for wrenching. Interesting.

Once again, let's get back on topic, lets talk seats.

Steel vs Fiber, what are your guys thoughts. For me (being a newb and all) I feel like fiberglass would be the way to go as I have experience with fiberglass. At the same time I really like the idea of having an all steel seat for it's overall strength and how smooth a painted steel seat would look. In your experience, what's (better) and why?

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
jordan,

contribute or stay quiet. cut the "feel good hippie shit." ask a sensible question, and expect a sensible answer. if you can't, then leave.....i'd suggest going to "dotheton." if you MUST spout this "feel good hippie shit," then do it in this thread only. i will delete any comment you make in other threads with that "brother destiny bullshit" that you so like to subscribe. fuck with me and i will nuke you account and ban you ip address. this will be your only warning as i do not suffer fools lightly. if you show you can behave and add some sort of value here i will change your tag under your login back to tricycle.....but for now it will stay as a troll warning for others to be forewarned about you.

-mgmt

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I want Gordon Murray to troll us, that would be epic

Some asshole that is dick hurt about something, or doesnt know the working end of a screw driver, or things he is clever by inserting tidbits of all of "us" into his troll persona is ghey

121 - 136 of 136 Posts