Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A '75 CB200T. Would I be immediately bored with this, even if it's my first bike?

Would it run 65mph for extended time?

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
yes its a boring slow pile
eh it should do 65 WOT for a tank of fuel....maybe, but not in "cafe" form

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
How heavy are you? If you weigh nothing than sure, it's zippy. It has fuck get up and go.. For the money it will cost you to get one going a little faster and handle slightly better, you could buy a mid size with some change.

Riding experience? Ability with tools?

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I like the way the guy has removed the speedo and tacho to minimise weight.

Or maybe it's so you don't see how slow you are actually going....

Runs perfect with pods and no mufflers? Unlikely.

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
Buy this:

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/3205016294.html

Other than the ugly blue frame and wheels the guy spent a lot of time on it and it is pretty trick.He's also an old timer and knew what he was doing vs the asshat kid tht built that fashion accessory cb200.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That XS is 20 times the bike over the CB.

Don't get the 200. It sucks to be the slowest vehicle when the light turns green - especially when you have no steel around you. Besides that the bike you linked to is horrible. Worse than stock. I would consider 1st bike a temp bike regardless - imo its worth to get a "training" bike that is reliable and easy to learn on and then sell it after 3-5000 miles. Ninja 250 is the bike for this. It is quick enough for occasional freeway stint, holds value well, plentiful enough that parts are cheap and common etc.

It might not be of the STYLE of bike you want. My point is - you are a newbie how do you know what STYLE of riding you like? So get a neutral 1st bike, man up and put your dreams of looking cool aside for a bit. You can live all your vintage fantasies later.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
S'more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Big Bad Bob Dog

Also tell me 5 things wrong with that cb200 you posted up.
1) no front fender
2) no rear fender
3) cheap pod air filters with steel caps
4) no chain guard
5) no mufflers
6) stupid high price
7) tiny taillight, hard to see = you getting run over.

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by busapilot

S'more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
That's like saying its better to fuck a mans ass than be fucked in the ass. Either way it's still gay.

Besides after 20 min of a cb200 at 65mph it is going to start to feel like child abuse.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
There is a difference between a slow bike and a toy bike
The 200 sucks, but all the dick riders love the tank and that traditional cafe racer look.

The bike in the add is shit. will be even slower then stock due to the crap "build"
Its also about $2200 to expensive

The XS is nice. not great but a hell of alot better then that 200.
Its got the wrong seat on it though. If it had one of those seats that looks like its a piece of cardboard wrapped with a T-shirt then it would be worth twice the asking price. What is that called? Brat? I just giggle about the whole brat thing. But hope it catches on so people google brat forum and not cafe forum

·
Registered
23,288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

There is a difference between a slow bike and a toy bike

wanna know what isn't different? you still need a motorcycle license to ride either.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts