Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
ok how about this....It was my first bike. '73 honda cb350, 16 years old, no license, no permit but hell i rode that bitch around anyway. Was on the outskirts of town zooming around the paved biked trails and I meet a hill with railroad tracks at the peak. I rev up, trying to get the 350 up this steep hill and I get to the tracks. I get over one but not enough momentum to get across the second. My freakin bike bucks falling over the second track and at the same time hurling me down the asphalt covered hill. No more like skidding down the hill at about 20mph. I get up, I'm like damn no broken bones cool but then look at my hands and my biceps that I used to break my fall (had just a tshirt on) and they looked like a skinned animal. Doh! I was on my way to work at the time and when I got there all bloody as hell all the guys were like what the f*ck man!

Banned From The Pubs..
'73 CB350(RIP)
'74 CB750K3 Cafe Thriller

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
16yr old me, all 120Lbs steals my father's fatboy and ride it to school. get home clean all evidence, bike falls over. its 700 pounds if its an ounce. call some friends, we get it back up, he still doesn't know. and i'll never tell him.

'72 cb750
'76 cb550

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a DR350S suzuki enduro that I putter around in while I'm tearing apart my little 2 stroker. Its a '92 and if anyone is familiar with these bikes, they are the hrdest to get going kickstart I've ever come across ( a combination of terrible gearing in the kick start and the compression of these bikes ). Well right after a summer shower I decide to go for a quick ride in the muddy trails, but before I can even move out of the driveway, my foot slips of the wet kicker and puts my whole weight onto a 1/2" part of my instep jambed into the footpeg.
This happened this past Saturday and I as a consequence have a torn ligament and a broken foot. LOL.
Moral of the story: don't kick a DR350 after a rainstorm. It really hurts.

Sounds like 2 lawnmowers screaming in tandem.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Premise: It's stupid to ride hard in hardpack after rain.

I used to live in San Diego. At that time, down at the intersection of 805 and Palm Avenue, there was a large chunk of property slated for development that everyone in the state rode off-road vehicles on. It was hardpack dirt, with lots of scrub brush, cactus, burnt stolen cars, illegals, and old refrigerators.

It had rained really hard two days ago, and there were HUGE ruts 6 feet wide and 4 feet deep everywhere - the landscape had really changed overnight.

I was showing off in front of a bunch of girls who were watching a bunch of us guys ride like idiots. I came hauling ass up a short jump that I thought was a sort of table top good for about 8 feet of air - but the washouts had changed so much of the landscape, that I confused this jump for another - one that dropped about 20 feet into a gully.

I came down through a tree, took a limb off with the bottom of my frame - totally stuck the landing, but I was so surprised, I fell over about 5 feet later. I think I laid there for a while, not hurt at all but really really confused.

Edited by - borzwazie on Aug 29 2007 11:15:35 AM

21 - 24 of 24 Posts