Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has come up quite often in just about every other category on this site. So here is my attempt at explaining it.

First of all, Caferacer.net does not host pictures. You will have to host the picture on another website. It doesn't matter where. A lot of people here use http://www.photobucket.com. I just started using them and I'm pretty happy with them myself.

Photobucket gives you links to copy so you can just copy and paste the url. When you look at a picture on Photobucket.com, there is a link shown at the bottom of the page. If you don't use Photobucket.com, you can usually copy the link in your browsers address bar and just paste it.

The "image tag" on this forum works like this:

(It is not standard html as some people have tried to use)

Here is an image of the text I used to post this picture:

So the text in the image above, is EXACTLY what I used to post the picture.

I hope this helps at least some people and reduces the amount of "I'm just newb . . . how do I post a picture? Whaa!!" questions.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I wish more people would use this FAQ instead of the "How do I post pictures on this stupid forum." I also wish people would maintain their photo accounts so I could look back at old threads and still see all the pics.

Ken

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah well i am a newby and i see how to make an album, but then i don't see how to load the album.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
This has come up quite often in just about every other category on this site. So here is my attempt at explaining it.

First of all, Caferacer.net does not host pictures. You will have to host the picture on another website. It doesn't matter where. A lot of people here use Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing. I just started using them and I'm pretty happy with them myself.

Photobucket gives you links to copy so you can just copy and paste the url. When you look at a picture on Photobucket.com, there is a link shown at the bottom of the page. If you don't use Photobucket.com, you can usually copy the link in your browsers address bar and just paste it.

The "image tag" on this forum works like this:

(It is not standard html as some people have tried to use)

Here is an image of the text I used to post this picture:

So the text in the image above, is EXACTLY what I used to post the picture.

I hope this helps at least some people and reduces the amount of "I'm just newb . . . how do I post a picture? Whaa!!" questions.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

Image tags dont' work here anymore, not for me anyway.

EDIT: I changed some settings, let's try this again

Well hot diggity, it seems that fixed it.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I use imageshack. Its photo hosting for dummies. Easy to use and if I can do it then it has to be simple.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Posting photos

You can post appropriately sized photos (approximately 1000x1000 pixels) directly to the message by going down to "manage attachments". I put my intended photo on my desktop to make it easy to find. email 7.jpg
Find & drag the photo to the attachment box and click "done".

Jim B

·
Registered
537 Posts
just click the photo icon in the toolbar(3rd from right) then select photo you want to upload. then click upload. photo shows up in image......i kind of hate when ppl link to photos instead of directly uploading them because sometimes the photos get taken off the hosting and then disappear over time from the posts which sucks for archive purposes if you are searching old posts.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I see some folks are able to post full-size photos across the width of the screen (even on my BIG monitor).

All of mine (even lowly 800x600) are shrunk down, with the dialog box to click to up-size the view.

Why is that?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
how do I post pics on this site?
Go to imageshack and open and account. You can then upload photos, resize them to suit forums and post them here. I'm a computer dummy and I can do it. It doesn't get any simpler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts