Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Found this while surfing the zook 2 smokers message board (actaully I knew about it for a while, I'm a liar).

How to race prep a t500:
http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/t500prep.htm

I know a lot of guys here are seasoned vets when it comes to racing, but since we got a lot of newbies recently, I thought there is some useful info.

For the guys building street cafe racers...follow this example and just add lights.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
hey thats a great link Ill have to come back online and check it out ...Thanks geeto67
George

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also just found out that the honda cr750 tank fits on a t500 like it was made for it. Only mod required is for a bolt at the base of the tank to secure it. here is Muzza from the suzi srokers board t500 with cr750 tank:

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Beware of just adding lights to a "race bike", if you can ride it on the street...it's not a race bike. It may look like one, but it isn't. Only about a thousand reasons a race bike would be very unpleasant to ride on the street...and unsafe for that matter. Like brakes that only work after they are warmed up, a power band about 3,000 rpm wide, a close ratio box with 1st gear a mile high, suspension that kills your kidneys, a riding position that's just silly on the street, no kick stand, no charging system, annoyingly loud exhaust, no speedometer and the fact you can't by race fuel at the gas station.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
And "THE NUMBER ONE REASON TO NOT RIDE A RACE BIKE ON THE STREET IS......drum roll ...please...because,,,youd look real silly in full leathers and helmet ...pushing it down the street!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts