Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the bunch of bikes I just bought is a Puch Newport Moped. I have never had a moped before and know nothing about them.

The motor is seized, but I can pedal it like a bicycle. There is a lever on the left handlebar that seems to engage the motor (there is a brake lever on the left also).

So, when I get the motor freed up do you pedal it, then pull in the lever to engage and start the motor,and hold it in all the time while you ride?

I remember that a while ago there were a couple moped guys here.

This could be a cool pit bike, and a lot lighter and easier to transport than my Honda 50.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by imslow

jack what difference does any of this make if the motor is seized
Hopefully it won't be seized for long. BP Blaster and a couple taps on the piston should do the trick. If not it will be on the lawn with a 4Sale sign for $50.

Speaking of 4 Sale on the lawn- In Argentina when you want to sell a car or bike, you park it and put a bottle on the roof (car) or on the bikes seat. Its odd--no sign, just a bottle on the top. A big bottle, no whimpy 12 ouncers. OK worthless info...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by imslow

jack what difference does any of this make if the motor is seized
Hopefully it won't be seized for long. BP Blaster and a couple taps on the piston should do the trick. If not it will be on the lawn with a 4Sale sign for $50.

Speaking of 4 Sale on the lawn- In Argentina when you want to sell a car or bike, you park it and put a bottle on the roof (car) or on the bikes seat. Its odd--no sign, just a bottle on the top. A big bottle, no whimpy 12 ouncers. OK worthless info...

·
Registered
108 Posts
once the motor starts you release the lever.

India's time zone is 30 minutes out of phase with the rest of the world...add that to your bottle on the roof info

·
Registered
108 Posts
once the motor starts you release the lever.

India's time zone is 30 minutes out of phase with the rest of the world...add that to your bottle on the roof info

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if you left the lever engaged the motor would continue to spin the pedals. Once the pedals start the engine you release the lever so that the engine doesn't beat up your legs by swinging the pedals around.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if you left the lever engaged the motor would continue to spin the pedals. Once the pedals start the engine you release the lever so that the engine doesn't beat up your legs by swinging the pedals around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts