Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a somewhat experienced rider looking for a classic CB750 or something similar to cruise on. Looking for something faithfully running, but might make minor non-mechanical mods like seats or lights or do minor mechanical work, such as cleaning carbs to improve performance. I came here for ideas and inspiration (read: old men griping at me,) in case I become more mechanically inclined, or if I need other advice. More about me:

Riding: 6/10 I've had a motorcycle endorsement since HS. I still ride my current bike (ATK 705) but rarely, and am looking to sell it. I was looking at Honda Shadows, but decided to save those for the mid-life crisis and get something a little more fun that wasn't a crotch rocket. I'm mostly interested in a stockish CB750, but am not in a hurry. I've done mostly small town and country road riding, but have very little highway experience.

Mechanicin': 2/10 I just changed the front turn signal lights in my Taurus, so that's pretty neat. I can change my own oil and have swapped out starters on my car a couple times. I would not be comfortable doing anything more than routine maintenance, minor wiring, or basic carb or starter work on a bike.

Modifications: 0/10 I didn't take shop. I can't weld. I would not change anything I couldn't buy off a shelf or Craigslist. You don't have to worry about me "stripping it to the frame" or cutting anything thicker than a pencil.

Again, I'm not going to be doing any restorations or builds, I just want a place to go for simple ideas, information, and advice about classic power bikes. Thanks and lookin' forward to the forum!

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
G'day from the GWN
This place should work out for you just fine, we're all pretty simple here ;)

You guys get winter. Carburetor cleaning won't be a performance modification, it will be a necessity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts