Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why cant they just make i a race day instead.

i hate holidays.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was great. real patriotic. like i need to think about that tool.

me

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Com'on Joe, Its the fourth. Put on your best James Cagney face and sing that great old song. Yank My Doodle Its a Dandy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
know what I hate about this holiday?

people.

what makes my neighbors think its ok to have a party in the middle of the street?? and what makes them think its alright for them to flag me to slow down when im already going 10mph? im sorry my motorcycle is all "loud and scary" but thats why they made streets and thats why YOU bought a house with a backyard!

I need new neighbors. and money. and maybe a new jacket. im also kinda hungry...

/rant

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what im talking about! too bad everyday of my life is like that.

jc

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
So its not the holiday itself, its the idiots you live around.

Party I was going to go to was canceled, so I worked on the CB450 instead. Got the headlights working, welded up a fix for the cracked kickstart pivot. Synched the 32mm roundslides. Dropped the pilot jets from 35 to 30, and it starts on 2nd/3rd kick everytime now. The stutter just off idle is also gone. Put in a MUCH leaner needle jet, and the bike now runs cleanly through the whole rev range. Raised the needle one notch to get rid of a lean backfire at steady throttle, and all is good.

Frank made an awesome spacer for the points cover (dyna ignition rotor sticks out further than the points). A little bit of filing and it fits great.

I have a dirtbike fender
that I picked up from here http://www.procycle.us/main/dskit.htm that I put on someday to get rid of the huge chrome rear fender. I need to cut away part of the metal sidecovers to fit around the K&N filters, and the bike will be almost complete.

Oh yeah, my neighbors buy $1000 worth of fireworks every year and put on a show that rivals the towns fireworks, so we don't have to leave the house. Sitting in the street in the rain watching fireworks...

One of these days he's going to set my yard on fire, but until then, who cares.

·
Registered
84 Posts
quote:
know what I hate about this holiday?

people.

what makes my neighbors think its ok to have a party in the middle of the street??
No shit. My trashy neighbors on both sides are shooting off shit that sounds like WWII when the employed people of the world are trying to get to sleep. Looked out my window to find a girl about to set one off on my driveway next to my house!! Went outside and put a stop to that one...

Worst part is it's going to go for the rest of the week until everyone finally runs out.

Ron Bullard
[email protected]

http://springvinmoto.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=pdx_ron

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
went down to fishtown-kenzo to fire some off with joe and samara. they threw two road cones up and a tire at the end of the street to block traffic (no permit). we set up the ez-up in the middle, some milk crates to hold the mortars, and viola we had a ghetto fireworks display.

nothing better than hanging with your buddies in a torrential rainstorm lighting explosives and drinking beer.

good times!

tex

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
my parent's neighbor has a carbide cannon that he is going to be firing off all weekend. Louder than hell. I have decided not to go visit them for the weekend just for that reason. All the neighbors hate it because it makes their dogs frantic.

One time about 5 years ago my brother and snuck on to his deck and filled the muzzle of that thing with dog crap. I figured we had fixed their wagon but good but by noon the next day they were firing it again. YOu can;t stop white trash ideas.

·
Registered
194 Posts
quote:
Joe, Cheer up!
Here's some traditional NY folk music to help you celebrate the holiday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v41Dopy16h8
hehe, i saw them do this live, twas great.

i'm not american but i still love the 4th. it's the only time when people relax and blow shit up. i love blowing shit up, it's relaxing. my woman blew some dude's eardrum out last night in bolton hill. can't blame anyone but himself though, he was just standing there watching bottle rockets fly by and didnt see any danger in being sorta in the way. plus people fire up the grills and the woman's rents do some mean eatables, almost rivals my grill skills. the funny thing is that they are american and all the beer they had were either coronas or molsons. now, lately, people have been singing "america, fuck yeah" instead of the anthem, which is more fun too. but it's true that yesterday sucked, rode up falls rd and got dumped on, got home, dried off, went out to a rooftop partay and got dumped on again.

i actually hate holidays but the 4th is like a party day, not a holiday. but we should really have a motorcycles only day where all these fucking cars stay on the driveway and don't bother two wheelers.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if that happened, id celebrate. probably by drinking at someones house or something lame. where were you in bolton hill? wondering if you were maybe at the same party chris m was at!? he said he went to a neighbors place for food and beers. i rode falls road the other night. monday night. out towards glyndon sparks reisterstown. awesome ride. came back on 795 and the beltway. nearly froze my ass off. i was being a tool and riding in a sweatshirt. i find every once in a great while you gotta sport the hoodie and jeans. its real man. hey, were riding on sunday. bucky form bobs is putting together a ride from parkville to up into harford county. ill be there as will a few of the guys from "the swarm". ill shoot you over details if you want to go. there are about 35 of us now who get together and ride. most of the time its only about 10 of us, and i havent been in a while, but youll meet some cool people. our first stop is always always ALWAYS coffee at the filin station. and we meet at rocket to venus in hampden.

jc

jc

·
Registered
194 Posts
the party was at a house on fairmount, and there were some neighbors that showed up, maybe the same peoples you speak of..... i dont know who owned the house, nor how my friend knew these people, or even if she did, but in the end, that's where the mayhem happened.

i'm down to ride sunday, but can't do it passed 1pm cause i gotta go to dulles drop some fools off. shoot me an email.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i was 9500 feet above sea level in Utah for the fourth and actually looked down on two towns having fireworks .First time not in a plane but on the deck of a house looking down on fire works hell I was so far up I didnt see a flying anything while I was there.AWESOME

But your right, all holidays should be open track days instead .LETS LOBBY!!!!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts