Cafe Racer Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Your Can-Am looks pretty good. I can't say that style of trike does much for me, in form, function or fashion. To me it says to the world you care about safety, or can't ride a motorcycle anymore. Both I notions I prefer to avoid.

Hence my sig:

Danger, is my business."
Haven't you ridden one, it's not that hard to get a test ride you know.
It has electronically controlled cornering enhancements
… might seem a little fast in the corners :/ for someone who thinks a tricycle handles good.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
It's amazing how long they kept the 45 flathead in production solely for the servicar. I would've expected it to get an OHV upgrade somewhere along the line, but it kept the flathead until the end of production.
They did update the Servicar motor. It got alloy heads to keep it running cooler. For slow parking duty, and easy starting and a long service life, the sidevalve design would have been ideal. A good sidevalve motor would run until the end of time. Horses for courses.

I'd like a VH600 Ariel single ( 1956? ). They are about the best and most developed SV motorcycle motor ever made for road use. They'll do nearly 90MPH. I guy I know has one, when I see him next I'll ask him if he wants to sell it to me.

Danger, is my business."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Haven't you ridden one, it's not that hard to get a test ride you know.
It has electronically controlled cornering enhancements
… might seem a little fast in the corners :/ for someone who thinks a tricycle handles good.
I'm not interested. I've got enough bikes and motorcycles. I've got a dirt road sidecar planned ( I've already got the bike for it. ) and I'm getting a late model sports car this year. The car I want does well over 160MPH, and dirt road riding on a sidecar, would both be far more fun to me.

I'd rather have a maxiscooter with a similar looking sidecar, than a Can-Am or Polaris trike. ( I've already got the maxiscooter for it.)

If I had a road trike, it would have a Honda Valkyrie or the Triumph Rocket Three 2.3l motor.

When a Yamaha 60cc Tri-Zinger or a good ATC 250 Honda appears again on ebay, I'm very interested in buying one.

I know whatever trike I'm one, I'd leave you far behind. That's for certain.

Danger, is my business."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Honestly, if I could have any pre WWII motorcycle to ride as a daily driver, I'd have a Matchless model X. I'd choose it over Broughs or anything else. But a Rudge Ulster 500cc single would come very close.

Matchless_Model_X_1938_(close_up).jpg

Danger, is my business."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Well, one of the things the old man built, with his own hands, was well over one thousand feet tall, and he had owned about four acres of floor space with machinery he designed, patented and used.

I win the " family made stuff " stakes.

But, that's history. I'm more interested in the next four hours.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Well, one of the things the old man built, with his own hands, was well over one thousand feet tall, and he had owned about four acres of floor space with machinery he designed, patented and used.

I win the " family made stuff " stakes.

But, that's history. I'm more interested in the next four hours.

Danger, is my business."
ya figure?

Then show me a picture of it dude, because this is my grandpa's motor from 1902

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
ya figure?

Then show me a picture of it dude, because this is my grandpa's motor from 1902
All I see when I read his posts now is : "Blah Blah Blah, I'm great and you're not. You can't prove it and neither will I". Who fucking cares anymore. This forum is starting to be a waste of time.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
All I see when I read his posts now is : "Blah Blah Blah, I'm great and you're not. You can't prove it and neither will I". Who fucking cares anymore. This forum is starting to be a waste of time.
I don't care a jot. Tic dick is still bravely losing a battle with only one soldier.

It's not an issue to me, either way.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
no, no, maybe he's the real deal, the big classified 'thing' business was really big in the old days:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
81 - 96 of 96 Posts