Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it's not as much "fun" without the farts, but damn, the earth loving tree hugger inside of me wants one:

·
Registered
22 Posts
MC's that were quiet would be as much as a thrill as loud ones. Think about having a bike completely silent going 100+ mph. Lean forward far enough where you can't see any of your bike, and that will be the closest thing to being superman any of us would ever experience. Don't get me wrong, I love me a good internal combustion engine, but I could have a mistress too.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Funny they don't show them stopping every 15 minutes to charge it up for two hours. Which is exactly what you'd have to do riding them like that.
Electric vehicles are still a scam, they are not emissions free...it takes power to charge them, which comes from oil burning, coal burning, natural gas burning, or nuclear power plants...all of which produce emissions in one form or another. All electric vehicles do are redistribute pollution from one area to another. And they have less overall efficiency than a gas engine when you take into account power transmission losses of electricity getting from the power plant to your outlet.
Someday they may be viable. But for now, I don't think so...even in a best case scenario the carbon footprint for the manufacture of an electric car is several times that of a conventional car, and the 1000-1200 lbs of toxic heavy metal batteries seems and issue no one wants to talk about.
Buy one for a novelty...but don't fool yourself into thinking it's good for the environment.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
if the charge would last 2 hours, itd be awesome. it looks like a ton of fun. the guy ho lives across the street from me is one of the lawyers for a company cheney owns. they developed and built an electric mountain bike for the military. (yeah, i can see army guys riding around mountain bikes. uh huh.) anyway, he has one he rides around. its pretty fast. and quite. the motors are in the hubs, and it runs on some batteries that dont make it weigh a ton.

jc

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
No fouled plugs? No holed pistons? No pre-mix? If it comes anywhere near the 2 hour range under heavy riding (which I would be kind of surprised at) I would totally ride one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts