Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Self you need to clean the shop" Didn't realize what a mess it has gotten over the last month till I looked at this picture I took today.

·
Registered
745 Posts
quite correct, and with that nifty rollable work stand under it you could push that hideous fairy shitbox out to the kerb and not even need to refit the wheels.

how much was stand and where doth one get one? do you know the brand?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha I knew i'd get no love for the Harley, but in SK where the roads can go on for 100's of km's in a strait line, a cruiser is key. The stand is from a Nationwide company called Canadian Tire, I think it was $139 CND, it's held up well. you can't see it in this picture but there is a fixed 4 foot handle to move it around, the others that I looked at from harbor frieght and Princess Auto didn't have the handle.

·
Registered
745 Posts
my "cruiser" is self supporting

but the rollable aspect would be a bonus for certain jobs on others in the fleet. particularly any of the bastards without a centre stand. how deep does it sink as i think i'll need blocks up under the ones with 4 into ones.

your shop is not cluttered. trust me on this one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya funny think about those cruisers or bikes in general, tires are kinda needed.

Had to go look it up, but lift range is 4-5/8" to 14-1/2" my Harley is low and I am able to get it under with a 2x4 chunk on it.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
quote:Originally posted by engel

quite correct, and with that nifty rollable work stand under it you could push that hideous fairy shitbox out to the kerb and not even need to refit the wheels.
hahahahaha :D

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
This thread should be deleted. Fake messy garage. This is a messy garage.

By weslake at 2012-02-05

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya the handle on this lift is longer and has a T-handle on it. My shop is for sure not cluttered, just in need of a cleaning.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Only here can someone post a pic of their Vincent and no one notices.

Every year I host a vintage ride. I have a friend with a Vincent and I asked him to bring it, since "I have never heard a Vincent run".

His reply made me chuckle "Unfortunately, I have seldom heard one run either".

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
We should have a contest for the messiest work shop. I might not win but I'd be a close second... I'll have to post a picture later...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Haha....what's the prize for THAT contest!?? I would be in the running...this place is a bombsite.
Being the first sunny weekend we've had here, I'll be cleaning this shite-hole instead of riding.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
geeto will win
Its a two hour job just to work on a bike there

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
this is from a few years ago when garage was 'clean';)

I now have full size DA/O2 for gas welding in there plus 2 Pontiac motors (1965 Catalina and a 77 Formula 400, with transmission)

·
Registered
745 Posts
am making basic progress between bouts of super motivated building, on organising and tidying my sheds, but i'm very easily d... "oh look! theres a shiny thing over there i wonder what it" .....istracted.

my 245 hemi goes back together this afternoon so that will clear up a third of a bay, and the GS650E motor detatched of its top end/starter/electricals to clear another third. then two GPX900R's rock up monday to take their places and we're back to square one.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:Originally posted by engel

am making basic progress between bouts of super motivated building, on organising and tidying my sheds, but i'm very easily d... "oh look! theres a shiny thing over there i wonder what it" .....istracted.
I'm totally that way. It took me three years to completely clean out the previous owner's stuff from the old wood building on my shop property. Was still finding boxes of live ammo this fall.

I have the Craftsman version of that stand, got it from a buddy for $40. They're on CL all the time, people who've gotten rid of their bikes. The stand's not handy for everything, but like I replaced the steering head bearings in my one FZ on it. It was perfect for that.

Sometimes my shop's messy, I just don't take pics.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a Harley thing that will occasionally sit on a HF lift thing that is in an over packed “work space” full of partially started dreams. But I am envious of your solid floors. My floor is slightly sloping gravel. If the bike don’t roll then the lift is less likely to roll.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts