Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
today I need international help from you!

Unfortunately I have no garage at the moment and therefore can not screw on real motorcycles.
Therefore I have now taken on a part-competitive and designed a bike for the German Jever brewery.
Of over one hundred submitted designs I have now made ​​it into the top 6 and now I would be very early
if you could help me with something of your choise.

You can find the voting link on the JEVER facebook page or below this link:

https://www.facebook.com/jeverfriesischherb/app_1417960265087837

of course only if you like the bike ;)

Thanx from Germany

Asphalt D.

This is it:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Jeez, I'm glad I never got to see the other 94!
I don't think it's a real motorcycle. I think it's a digital 'drawing', a cut and paste of images of parts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is a composing with photoshop and 3d... it is just a layout, for a german brewery
it was very much dictated by the German approval to get.
No completely free design possible ... the colors were specified.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Sooo, an American chopper for a German beer?

Why not a hardtailed BMW? With Earles forks?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the declaration:

i do not have Harley and I will have none.
I think the brewery has decided to build a harley because
it is mainstream and the world champion comes to time from Germany

it is just a competition

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Is the header wrap for performance or for protecting the legs :)
Is this like a question an attorney would ask? An attorney never asks a question they don't already know the answer to. Header wrap on a motorcycle does not make enough horsepower to make a noticeable difference (around 1%).

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
In a bizarre sort of way, that is actually pretty cool. I would have gone for the lace paint job though. And more candy paint. you can never have too much candy flake.

·
Registered
419 Posts
There's that wacky fork brace arrangement again... I'm trying to figure out how it would be more effective than a solid brace closer to the axle?

-Deek

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
There's that wacky fork brace arrangement again... I'm trying to figure out how it would be more effective than a solid brace closer to the axle?

-Deek
I would think the closer to the axle the less effective it would be. Isn't it's main purpose to keep the forks from bowing in the center and relieving twisting/torque steer under braking?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts