Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I would not get a book larning guy to put a screw into drywall.

Military guys may be dumb as hammers, but at least they know how to read a manual, and do exactly what it recommends.

Danger, is my business."
Maybe with planes and sub's but not with tanks

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
DesmoDog, Where did you go to school?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I saw you were in MI and you mentioned having an internal combustion specialty. I went to GMI.....before it was Kettering U.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
So far nobody has really told you what to do based on your posts, so I will.

Get the service done, like you said and then look at correcting some of the deficiencies of the M620. That will make it your own, because it won't be some hipster styling exercise. Where to start? The answer is suspension and brakes. Begin with looking for some adjustable forks and shock, perhaps from a later more expensive Ducati. Stainless steel lines and good pads. The tires are good, right? How about losing some weight with a pipe? Finally, get some Tannermatic CF bodywork. At least a seat, cause I like the Monster tank. Put an SS half fairing on it, too. This will look like dress up except it all makes it a better bike that just happens to look better. Remember, there is no such thing as too good of a suspension or too much brake.

Ken

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Mechanical Engineering- Automotive Specialty.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Mechanical Engineering- Automotive Specialty.
I graduated with an aerospace engineering and mechanics degree, emphasis on propulsion. Focused on internal combustion engines. This was the late '80s, I'm sure Geeto can tell us just how thriving the piston powered general aviation industry was in the late '80s... what can I say, I went after what I was interested in, not what was easily marketable. After two years of looking for a job I got into the auto industry and never left.

It was a lot more fun back then than it is now, I'm biding my time until retirement at this point.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts