305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And he knows who he is.

I sold the R67/2 and got this;

Bye. (The kids miss their daddy)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Hey Uncle E. How ya doin'? Good to see you here. Nice Enfield. Strange looking head.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I came so close to calling you several times this week that I knew you'd show up. I've been really busy with a transplanted local doing some very bizarre stuff.

You get three guesses so make them good ones because if they aren't.....

I'll hang up real fast and call back when I know Rosie will be there alone.

Anyhow, the insurance company sent me a new phone yesterday and hopefully this one won't get 130-140 degrees after 15 minutes of yakking.

You do still have my W and 400?

I'm glad the R67 is gone. What was it you got to replace it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoo- it's not nice to point at people's deformities. I thought maybe cutting my hair shorter would help...

Mr Asaw, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Proceeds from the R67 got an '09 Royal Enfield Musket Ball. Still enduring break-in, but I'm liking this bike a lot.

W is with me and happy.
The Honda is for sale. Is there a classified dept here? I'm broke.

Rosie misses your e-mails. She can work the keys and stuff, but not having thumbs makes the phone too difficult.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
HI Ernie, I remember your name from over on the cycle world board, along with Hack.

Is that Enfield one of the new unit, lean burn burn engines with the EFI? I would be interested in seeing how it works out for you. I recall horror stories on the old Enfields.

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Hey Leo,

Are you doing the spring giro on your Wards? My buddy and I will probably run ours too. We could be TEAM MONKEY WARDS. I have a few other giro bikes if my wards doesn't run. You are welcome to one too.

Let me know if you ever decide to sell that body work at a price I can afford.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Jack

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr jack, it's an AVL lean burning, but not the ALL NEW gizmo UCE (whatever that means) as reviewed in CW. This one is an '09 Electra with a CV carb. A wider kick-start lever was installed to clear the rear-sets, but I kept getting my pants cuff caught on it- so I took it off. (I wouldn't be able to use it anyway)

·
Registered
692 Posts
I was looking into getting one of the new Deluxes with that motor . I just don't like the 70mph top speed . But I've heard getting a highway kit ( bigger carb , airbox kit and front sprocket. Not sure about with EFI ) you can get about 85-90 out of one .And that new motor can hack it .

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
unc, I haven't had much time to email anyone

busier than a one legged man winning a butt kicking contest which I find much more agreeable than others I know who seem to be one lipped and winning butt kissing contests

a clue for you as to what I've been doing other than fondling the YB8 at my leisure....

thrashing ms crazy mba, the dr chick didn't work, and then for getting my hands dirty

human submarine kinda gadgets and being paid nearly what I'm worth

let me know when K or Rosie will be there alo..... umm I mean when can I call and you will indeed be there

or just ring me..... you know the drill, I still have the same phone plan

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mr Wanker, I have no clue about a kit to go faster (although 90 sounds like pushing it unless you also put better bearings and the whole deal in there). The iron barrel models have a 535 kit, but I don't think they make that engine anymore.
I'm still doing break-in, so have only dallied around 55mph a little of late. However, this bike I got for most of the riding I do anyway- which is in the mountains here. Except for the occasional straight, 50-55 is the most I'd do anyway. I really need to dump these old-style Avans and put on a set of Hagons before I push it any.

MISTER Asaw, I'm reaching for my asbestos gloves so I can hold the phone...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
that bike is hot

after two days of hustling a jeep cherokee through the north georgia mountains i am about ready for any two wheels!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts