Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they say china is going to be the new superpower. sure, they buy tons of oil for thier little cars and scooters, but really....come on. im starting a new thread here.

mike, does gillette have a "General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine"

quarantine??

i hope my new suit holds up.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20071111/D8SREH0G0.html

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Know what's scary? Its not this drive towards the lowest price that's shipping all the manufacturing jobs to china.

Its that all these recalls and scares will cause China to start producing higher quality items with better tolerances. THEN China will really start stripping the last few remaining manufacturing jobs from the US, where the only things that are left are higher end manufacturing jobs.

Actually, there are some downsides for China. By exporting all the manufacturing to China, were also exporting all of our pollution creation over there. China's cities are the dirtiest in the world because of the huge manufacturing boom.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
...just pitched my daughters aqua-dots kit saturday.

i did however save a few, in case of a dry spell. i wonder what the street value would be?

"Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
What the fuck is an aqua dot? My kids don't have any toys - well, except for a couple bricks & some parts from my broken fence.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
A woman whose toddler son ingested a popular toy that contains a chemical that turns into a powerful "date rape" drug when eaten said Thursday she knew he was ill when he began to stumble, seemed drunk and started vomiting.

The mother, Shelby Esses, said her 20-month-old son Jacob, fell down and was limp after getting into his older sister's Aqua Dots, a Chinese-made toy recalled Wednesday by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

"And that's when we knew what he had eaten and that things were pretty bad," she told ABC's "Good Morning America."

Aqua Dots, a highly popular holiday toy sold by Australia-based Moose Enterprises, are beads that can be arranged into designs and fused when sprayed with water. The toy was pulled from shelves in North American and Australia after scientists found they contain a chemical that converts into a dangerous drug when eaten. Two children in the U.S. and three in Australia were hospitalized after swallowing the beads.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought microdot did that to you. not aquadot.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Oil at $100 a barrel is going to put a real hurt'in on China's growth and exports. They pay the same for oil we do, and probably use it considerably less efficiently (just due to lack of technology). Add overseas shipping costs, and a dollar that's in the toilet....starts making Chinese imports a lot less attactive.

As much as I hate to see $100 oil, it's the thing we need right now. We need to have China and India developing in an environment of expensive energy...that way they will evolve into an energy efficient society almost from the get-go. If they developed under conditions of plenty like the U.S. did it would lead to huge energy problems much sooner that is likely otherwise. Fortunately the USA has the money to adapt if need be, China/India are still in the position to adapt energy efficient policy before they become too wasteful, avoiding the need to retro-fit their entire country. Yes they do a lot of manufacturing now....but it's just the tip of the iceberg compared to what they are capable of, and the amount of energy they will use if they adopt less efficiency methods that are affordable in times of cheap oil.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
they need society of engineer codes in their products like the rest of the world, and supply replacement parts like the rest of the world.Its just proof America is sold everyday to the person that stuffs some politicians pockets the most, eventually all the greedy people will have money and no place to enjoy it, they make them selves a very unstable world to live in.The greedy will have no country ,no people to flant their toys at ,and no safe place to speed the money the got, without thinking long term, short term is no good any longer,there is no place to hide, the world is TOO SMALL .

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I worked on a china scooter the wheel bearing fell out of its cage.The other world powers have rules in engineering the cage cannot fail by coming apart and this was only after a few miles not a few hundred,or a few thousand.Their products are all flash and no substance at all.Germany france japan usa and the others all make engineering standards standards to be able to sell products .Some one lets china get away with these mandates.Some one has their closets full of money and aother have new broken unservicable scooters in their drive ways or taking up space at a repair shop that cant get the replacement part either.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts