Cafe Racer Forum banner

I think these are lame.

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  jaguar 
#1 ·
I was looking for a ratty cam chest cover to fit to my Buell. I want to trim one down like the race bikes but didnt want to destroy my original black one. So I went in search of something slightly abused that i could trim and then blast and coat or leave natural.

I found this:

Raw Ribster Finned Cam Chest Cover 48 Nighster 883 Harley Sportster EVO 91 14 XL | eBay

At first glance it looks like some cool swag. And its priced like cool swag. But wait. This is a crappy cover that bolts over your stock cover for the finned look. Say what? YES! lets add a few pounds of nothingness just for fins. So. Utterly. Lame.

Also bonus crap points for the "nighster" in the title.

#4 ·
i like finned things too. And if the backside is getting a little oil splashed on it i can delude myself into thinking the fins are helping out a little bit. :D With this, its only trapping heat and grime in there! So beyond poser.

I saw one worse though. There is a finned derby cover that attaches with double sided tape out there....

#6 ·
#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.