Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just piddling around on ebay this morning and won a set of 03 gsxr1000 inverted forks. gold tubes, black nitrate coated lowers...with trees and axle. yeah, not too sure what i might put them on...but i got them cheap. i'm thinking...chopper build...or i might put them on that GS i'm trying to pick up...ah who knows. any ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
PUT THEM ON THE GS.

For real.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
OK - how cheap was cheap??? O-BTW, I'll send you my shipping address, I can use them for my 71 cb750 build this winter...

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The thing about those is, they're heavy. Great if you have a modern bike with the 'nads, but not so great on a vintage machine, not to mention the work you'd have to do to adapt the triple tree/steering head and axle/brake etc.
I did the same thing awhile back thinking I'd put 'em on my flattracker. When they showed up and I had 'em in my hands I realized it was the wrong way to go for that particular project.
But having seen what you can do, I'm sure you'll come up with something worthy.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got them shipped for $170...seemed cheap enough to me. its going to take quite a bit of money though to get them from me, i think im going to hold on to these for the bobber project i'm wanting to build. get on ebay and do some sniping unless you just have money burning a hole in your pocket that you'd like me to have! HAHAHAHAHA! i think i might keep them off the GS though, and only because the rest of the bike will be vintage, and it just won't "flow" well if/when i build it. i can mock it up and check it out, but i dont think it'll be the look im going for on the gs, i'm going for street tracker with the gs, so everything needs to be small and light. but on the bobber though...i think it will look awesome because i want everything on it to look simple and beefy, pretty much like an exile bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great score Tyler![8D][8D]
If you put USD forks on a vintage bike you will lower the stance considerably. If your GS has a 4-into-1 you might want to take that into consideration.
However, I've seen some sweet Z1s/KZs with gixxer forks implemented and they are sexy as hell.
Again, Nice Score and good luck with your install.[8D][8D]

·
Registered
18 Posts
in my opinion(not that it ever matters) i'd wait for the bobber project. a buddy of mine put some on a 69 triumph he's builing and they look amazing. so yeah that's my two cents....congrats on the win too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts