Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you northerners, we're finally getting ice again after the January thaw. We'll be running at either the Sandbar in Colchester VT or maybe Arrowhead in Milton next Sunday the 27th. I'll confirm next week during the week. Unga, Aaron, JD, or any Maineiacs out there, give me a shout or email if you want to check it out. I may have a spare bike if you don't have one.
We'll be doing this every Sunday except for this coming 20th (Racing at MototownUSA) and Feb 10th (Racing at MototownUSA again) until the ice is gone.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's on bitches!
And I will have two bikes there.
This will be a gas.
Email me or call me for directions if you can't find the Sandbar State Park in Milton, VT.
Probably be there from 12:00 till beer o'clock.
Oh yeah

FR

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i hate all of you! there is even ice forming here. but no where near enough. have tons of fun. click pics too!

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
dude i'm due for a change 'o scenery, i'm checking into it. Gimme the dope on mototown. How'd ya run? bcr

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See below...

I tried to call you from the road, no good. I'll yak atcha this week.

FR

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I just finished putting screws in the ttr125 tires. And punctured a tube. Should have it back together by this weekend.

There's a bunch of guys that go riding at Stone Pond in Marlow, NH on Sundays. I plan on going this sunday if anyone wants to join me.

Wow... Colchester and Milton are probably a 4-5 hour drive from home for me. Still might try to make it once.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unga, where the hell do you live in NH that would be 4-5 hrs from Milton?? It's 2.5 hrs from Lebanon tops. It takes me 3hrs to get to Loudon.

Either way, it could be a long drive just to run on ice if you have ice near you anyway. If we start to get decent turnouts it could be worth it though. I'll keep ev-body posted.
BTW, they run a series down in Sturbridge Mass if you want to do it for real, but you do need a tether kill switch and full fenders.

A TTR125 will be legal in any Adult 100 class. There was a guy running one in one of the Senior classes as well, but he was getting smoked. There was also a guy running an XR150F in Supermoto, 'cause he had 17" wheels on his, so you could do that too.

If you want to go to the next race at Mototown, I could meet you in WRJ.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, BTW Unga, you should look for Heavy Duty tubes if you haven't already. I'm not 100% sure they make 'em in all sizes, but I'm using 'em in my ice tires and they're the shiznit. They can still be punctured, but a lot more resistant to pinching.

FR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts