Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
you need to know what it is to find a use for it? that is a pretty engine, snatch it up just to gut and put on a shelf in your house.

Looks british or euro to me. CZ/Jawa maybe?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea.. I plan on grabbing it.. already offered him some cash. I just really want to know what it is though. I can find out once I get it of course.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
quote:Originally posted by LazloH

or wait.. is that a suicide shift?
Thats the kick. Lot of bikes have had the kick on the other side.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Lots of japanese bikes had right side shift and left side kickers in the 60's and early 1970s on their export models. suzuki's had left side kickers on the T bikes (t500/T350), and a shifter spline that could make it either right side or left side shift. So just because of shifter/kicker position don't assume it is automatically european.

Japanese cases by the mid 1960s were already boxy looking, that streamlined/art deco look is the kind of thing the brits and Euros held on to for a long time.

I swear I have seen that cylinder head before, but for the life of me I can't remember where.

With my luck it i going to be something like a greaves or a villers

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
don't worry. If it is something rare and vintage I will make sure I get it to someone who can appreciate it.. it wont just sit on a mantle...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BINGO.. how the heck did you see that WM logo? I need to get my eyes checked apparently. What do you guys think its worth?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts