Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys. I have, through extensive google searches, tried to discover the identity of the moto guzzi that this chick is sitting on.

Through this I have discovered:

1. This is a bike with an emblem with the name "Zagato" above "Guzzi"
2. The town this photo was shot in is either Amsterdam, or one of several coastal French towns.
3. The bike was possibly built for Ewan Mcgregor.

Any insight as to what the base bike is? I thought it might be an 850t or le mans but I don't know. here's another picture for good measure.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I do not believe that bike was built for ewan mcgregor. He may own it now, I don't know, but it has been around for quite some time.

Zagato was an italian tuner in the 50s-70s. Plenty of zagato cars out there, usually things like fiats and similar to abarths.

zagato guzzi's were built by Ben Part (not by zagato). Hard chap to get a hold of but I know there are at least three out there.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
here is an interview with ben part:

http://www.vintagemotorcyclesonline.com/index.php?view=article&catid=52:stories&id=64:ben-parts-zagato-guzzi&option=com_content&Itemid=77

he calls it ob1 and he built it over 14 years. He built a replica for Ewan, but kept the original. He built an OB2 and this us reportedly ob3:

The bike started life as an sp100 (1000cc fairing model) but has been heavily modified. It is a tonti frame (so you could use anything tonti like an 850 T or a T3). The monoshock is all his though.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I had several T's and T3's before I got a SP1000 in a basket.

I modified it the best I knew how at such a young age and wish I had it now to really breathe on it.

All were fantastic machines and nothing makes the incredible symphony of mechanical music quite like a Guzzi Twin.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This girl is a total hottie. This bike has been a curiosity to me for a few years now.

That interview link dosent work..says somthing about being hacked.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
it was there yesterday but it looks like it was indeed hacked. oh well. The bike is well documented on the internet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
geeto's link is working again, and thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by leo

FWIW, I do believe Davida indentified the locale as Amsterdam in some their advertising.

The Chicks name escapes me.

Cheers,
Leo
According to my searches her name is Katrien and she's hot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of a brake light similar to that one. I love the style and have searched endlessly to find it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:Originally posted by stefan11488

Can anyone point me in the direction of a brake light similar to that one. I love the style and have searched endlessly to find it. Thanks
It looks to me like an old 39-40 Ford teardrop taillight. Like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-HOT-ROD-STREET-ROD-39-40-FORD-TAIL-LIGHTS-NICE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a552Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem230286025718QQitemZ230286025718

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts