Cafe Racer Forum banner

Ignition system

909 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Geeto67 
#1 ·
I have a 75'CB 750F. I picked it up for $300 and it needs help. Among other things, there is no ignition system (coils or wires). If I am buying a replacement ignition system should I just buy the used version off a parts bike or should I buy a new high output system? (Money is not unlimited but I have a decent budget for the project).

I am not really concerned about maximizing power but it would be a nice added bonus to get a higher performance engine.

Thanks

#4 ·
go to either Z1 enterprises or dynoman and get a matched set of dyna coils and a dyna S ignition. Unless you are going radical in the engine (cam, carbs, kit, headwork etc) I don't think you need the dyna 2000.

do a search on this board and links to both places should come up.

BTW, how much of your ignition system is missing? you are still going to need the main harness plus a regulator/rectifier and an ignition key. If your bike is totally devoid of electronics I could see you easily spending $500 on the ancilary parts. IF just the points plate and coils are missing then go to town.

Edited by - geeto67 on Oct 30 2007 2:10:17 PM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.