Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 76 cb200 has less than 1300 miles on it, not a typo, thirteen hundred miles. I'm not bragging...My issue is this, when I throttle up the motor revs, then bogs for a second then picks up again. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the clutch or possibly the carbs, or maybe the ignition. It seems to occur if I really pour it on usually when i need to make a quick getaway or a left in Los Angeles traffic, it can be pretty disconcerting. Any help with the diagnosis will be VERY appreciated. Thanks again...
Oh yeah, I forgot, What happened to Hondatwins.com, is the site down for good?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It still sounds like a carb issue. The hesitation you're experiencing when you roll on the throttle quickly can be caused by fuel starvation due to a clogged off-idle circuit, float bowls out of adjustment, un- synched carbs or any number of similar problems.

Finding a super low mileage bike can be a mixed blessing. While normal wear and tear is not an issue, all that sitting is hard as hell on rubber seals and carburetors in particular. The seals dry out and the old gas in the carbs turns to gooey varnish that clogs or restricts fuel and air passages.

Synch the carbs first. If that doesn't get it, then look into getting them cleaned and rebuilt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts