Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just picked up a Honda CB550K for 1000.00 and supposedly all it needs is a new top end gasket. I am hoping that is true. This is my first bike, so i am a little new to certain things. I work on cars regularly but im a foreigner when it comes to carbs or motorcycles. I have a Clymer’s and Haynes manual in the mail as we speak which should help me a little. Any input is welcome. I'm putting the new top end gaskets on in a few days. Anything i should know before doing it? Looks really easy.... But looks can be deceiving.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
wait for the manual before you attempt removing a cb550 topend. or at least until you try to put it back together. the rocker cover doesn't just go back on....well, unless you like bending shit in the process.

carbs are easy. motor is sucking thru two different sized straws. one a coffee stir, and the other a big gulp straw with a brass needle in it. that is all you need to know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do body parts from a CB750 fit on a 550K? such as the gas tank or other parts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha Yea. DannyC was my nik name in school. YO was something some old friends use to say when i would walk through the door. "YO DannyC!!!" haha

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i think you should tell your friends to call you yoda nyc!

welcome!

tex

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks that helped some. What would i bend when pulling the topend off? It doesnt look that hard and it looks like after i get the valve cover off the top end would slide up the head bolts allowing me to place the gasket then retighten everything down. Right? Or am i missing a key link?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Ouch! My eyes are burning! Lose the crash bars!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i plan to. Haha this was when i just picked it up so i havnt had a chance to do anything to her yet. So how about some of my previous questions get answered?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 750 front wheel will work.

You going to keep that exhaust? If you go 4 into one and want to sell your set let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts