·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I would rather people join up and sell their own parts. I didnt start the site to just sell my stuff as it would be a general rotation of stuff with other stuff thrown in as it arrives.
All I have gotten so far are questions like " would you sell me this/that off the auctions site" and thats not why I started the site.
I started the site to get away from ebay and their high fees and rediculous changes. My selling fees are very low and would allow a seller to keep more of their own money when compared to the rates and charges that Ebay has.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
that could be real cool. are there any fees to sale on there? Ebay is a monopoly and god i hate paying them every month. i pay them around $150 a month, plus when i take paypal i get hit with 4 or 5% there too. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
854 Posts
hmm...i like the idea and would defiantly use it, but just like everything else i will jump in when its not cool any more (ie craigslist, flat black, mullets...)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by pampadori

that could be real cool. are there any fees to sale on there? Ebay is a monopoly and god i hate paying them every month. i pay them around $150 a month, plus when i take paypal i get hit with 4 or 5% there too. Good luck with it!
Click on

www.fishheadcycle.com

and go to the column on the left. At the bottom you will see "The Fees" click on that and it will tell you how much things cost.

Or just click here

http://www.fishheadcycle.com/index.php?act=fees_info

Compare the fees to Ebay. There are no insertion fees for auctions under $99.99.
There is always a fee for an item when it sells, no matter where you sell it at.

Heres a link to give you an idea of the Ebay/Paypal fees would be on an auction (fill out the blanks - usefull on ended auctions)

http://home.alltel.net/micrep/fees.html

The link was taken from the internet and I dont have the Computer brains to make one to show the cost for my site. You'll need a pencil to figure the total cost on my website.

ANY and ALL suggestions are welcome. I'm not going to keep the website if it isnt going to do anything, as it would just add to my monthly cost of doing business. Tell your friends, post links on other boards. I would rather do my own thing than continue to pay Ebay over $600 a month(paypal takes their percentage immediately).

I would like to get other sellers involved in it and if the fees can pay for the site,I'll keep it, if not I can spend my money on other stuff and just put up with the Ebay crap and all their damned fees.

DG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts