Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would almost think Indian were chasing a bit of Ducati market share. I don't pay much attention to cruiser's and had no idea Indian were building such a bike. $14,000US puts it in line with the Hypermotard/1200 Monster here. It's good to have the option of buying something that is built in NA and these appear to be helping Polaris's bottom line. https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2019/07/24/new-motorcycle-model-helps-indian-outrun-sluggish.html
https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/ftr1200/
Indian FTR 1200 Motorcycle Indian Motorcycle.png

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Thats great.

It shows what a brand can do when they don't back them selves into the "if it's not a bagger it's not a real motorcycle" corner

Reactions: woodsman

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats great.It shows what a brand can do when they don't back them selves into the "if it's not a bagger it's not a real motorcycle" corner

It's the first modern Indian that I would really like to ride. Mind you in Ontario I would need to talk the wife into working a corner to be able to pay the insurance.

·
Registered
552 Posts
When the Scout came out a few years ago I went and took a test ride. I felt stupid with the ergonomics and hoped I didn’t happen to run across anyone I knew. Totally underwhelmed.
But this-this bike looks cool and if it performs and handles it may be a winner. Kinda want one.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I actually think Indian is stepping up nicely.

I seriously gave their new Challenger some thought before I purchased my HD. I loved it personally..the water cooling and funky fairing..everything. What's really promising is how many younger folks are at the Indian and HD dealers as of late. Just this past Saturday 2 younger guys purchased a couple of Street Glides.....and a younger family was about ready to pickup a road glide.....with their kids jumping on and off it with excitement. Mom and dad couldn't have been over 30 and they were taking delivery of what you would consider an "old man's bike". 2 of my son's friends have purchased Indians, my son wants an Indian bagger and my nephew is on his second FXR....all these guys under 30. Thing is.... a lot of younger kids seem to be interested in this cruiser, retro, classic motorcycle vibe.

I hope these company's keep making inroads in this demographic.

Screenshot_2019-12-29-21-17-55.png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts