Cafe Racer Forum banner

Indian FTR1200 a departure from the norm

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TrialsRider 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Thats great.

It shows what a brand can do when they don't back them selves into the "if it's not a bagger it's not a real motorcycle" corner

Reactions: woodsman
#4 ·
When the Scout came out a few years ago I went and took a test ride. I felt stupid with the ergonomics and hoped I didn’t happen to run across anyone I knew. Totally underwhelmed.
But this-this bike looks cool and if it performs and handles it may be a winner. Kinda want one.

#5 ·
I actually think Indian is stepping up nicely.

I seriously gave their new Challenger some thought before I purchased my HD. I loved it personally..the water cooling and funky fairing..everything. What's really promising is how many younger folks are at the Indian and HD dealers as of late. Just this past Saturday 2 younger guys purchased a couple of Street Glides.....and a younger family was about ready to pickup a road glide.....with their kids jumping on and off it with excitement. Mom and dad couldn't have been over 30 and they were taking delivery of what you would consider an "old man's bike". 2 of my son's friends have purchased Indians, my son wants an Indian bagger and my nephew is on his second FXR....all these guys under 30. Thing is.... a lot of younger kids seem to be interested in this cruiser, retro, classic motorcycle vibe.

I hope these company's keep making inroads in this demographic.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.