Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Just joined. I recently got this bike and have been told it was in magazines 10-15 years ago. I enjoy knowing the history of my bikes when possible. Anyone recognize it?
C80E19EA-7797-48C2-B074-40C0769A02ED.jpeg

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
POS Motorcycle Monthly?

This must be a troll post. No one is this dumb

Reactions: dirkchecken

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I assume it was nicer 15 years ago.
Nah, it was a pile of garbage then too.
Clearly "built" by someone that neither understood how motorcycles work, nor how to have a SOHC4 Honda run properly.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
I bet the rear suspension works as good as stock Honda shocks from the 1970's.
... can't fool me, those shocks were never great even in the 1970's when they were brand new.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
The rear suspension works and it does run great.
You might think it does, but that just means you also do not know what you are looking at.

The rear suspension is hilariously bad. Put together poorly with shit parts. Just a stupid "style" thing.
The motor is not going to run right with pods and that exhaust.

probably fine for bar hopping and picking up cigs for your baby's moma.
But its worse then stock, so fucking worthless.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
What on earth made you buy that thing?
Was it $450 and you needed parts for something else?

At this point someone normally asks the newbie if they did even an ounce of research or reading here.
If so it should have been clear why this place is not going to value the bike in the picture at all.

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
It's a chopper. and not even a half way nice one, do you want us to lie to you?
It's a thing of beauty.
The guy that chopped it obviously spared no expense and fitted it with the finest components available.
We all totally believe this motorcycle deserves to be featured in a magazine because it is so special.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand it’s a bit of a turd. It came as a package deal with some other bikes I bought. I didn’t post it looking for praise or critiques. I’ve had a couple people I don’t know tell me they’ve seen it before. I was simply asking if anyone knew anything about it. As far as this forum goes, I’m not a cafe racer or chopper guy, I didn’t read anything before posting. I thought this was a cafe racer forum. I expected a little more maturity and less unprovoked shit talking. Guess I expected too much.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
The problem is you do not know what a cafe racer is. Where is the racer in that bike.
The mature aged regulars on this forum are into racing motorcycles. Gear heads and motorcycle racers. If that was not the case I would have never signed up. If that interests you, you should really stick around.

·
Registered
1979 XS750
41 Posts
A heck of a lot of good info on this site. Just ignore trialsrider and It’s smooth sailing Haha! (He’s grumpy)

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Yet another scrap yard and angle grinder build, while learning to weld on used rusty painted metal.

Not grumpy, just old and motorcycle obsessed.
I see a nice motorcycle engine surrounded by scrap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don’t really have any interest in cafe racers. Just thought it would be neat to know the bikes history. It is not built as poorly as it looks, the suspension parts are well fabricated and solidly welded. It looks like they were trying to copy a vincents cantilever suspension and did an ok job of it. It is tuned properly and is the fastest cb750 I have ridden. Again it has seen better days and I don’t expect anyone to care about it, or think it is cool. I was just curious about it’s history. Suppose I picked the wrong forum.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
You rode that fast? Holy.

The only guy that would recognize that motorcycle is the owner. There is nothing there in that one photo to recognize other then the oil tank with the pod filter cap on it.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
If you are not into cafe racers why post here?

You can claim all you want that it is build well, but it is not. Even if the welds are not buggers, it still was not designed correctly, and the right parts were not used.
As for the BS claims of it being the fastest CB750, you either have never ridden a good one, or your butt dyno is out of calibration.
Bet it feels fast, as most people convert the sketchiness to hp.....

I hope you are not baiting the forum with hopes of selling it here as a flip.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts