Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice work drainy! That shit looks good. As for your mirrors, bar ends are the best way to go for the best view behind. There are plenty of styles other than the Napoleans as given in the above example. For instance:

The only other way to go is to get some ridiculously long mirror stands, like 11-12 inchers which is gonna kill how good that bike is looking. Alas, safety first...

Then again, a little rotation of the bars may solve the problem, but you might lose the position you seem to be pleased with...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Silver, I actually perfer the Napoleans style better but the issue I have is the way the mirros look at the end of the bar. But it seems like thats the only way I can be able to see behind me.

Do you know where I can get some high quality Napolean bar-ends?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I wouldn't have thought it possible but that CB200 looks like it could be made into a nice looking cafe bike. Sharp and clean already.
Nice work.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
A week ago, I saw genuine Napoleon bar ends (black) for $31 at my local Triumph dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
quote:
If you want to do it right and keep the internal routing, slotting is the only way to go. Fear not the "compromised" integrity of the bars with holes/slots cut (in a crash, your wrists would shatter before the bars fail...if done right).

Mock up the bars on your bike. Set them exactly where you want them. Using a permanent marker, mark off the location of the control mounts and the location of the holes to be cut. Put the bars in a vice and take out the angle grinder. Put on your saftey glasses then patiently and gingerly approach your cutting locations with the edge of the grinder perpindicular (90 degrees) to the bar and grind away until you have slots cut into the bars. They should be about 1 to 1.5 inches long and a bout 3/4 the width of the bar. Keep in mind there will be four slots to cut, right and left side entry and exits. Be sure to file or burnish off the interior edges as they will be rather sharp threatening to cut your wires.

It sounds complicated, but is rather straight forward. Trust in yourself and just do it. If you don't have an angle grinder go buy one. They are cheap (as far as tools go) and they are indespensible in any shop. You'd be amazed at the many applications they have.

Edited by - SilverTone on May 09 2006 01:20:35 AM

Edited by - SilverTone on May 09 2006 01:26:51 AM
Followed your Trick Tips and installation was flawless. thanks for the pics, and how to info.

Cheers

·
Registered
453 Posts
dont buy the cheap emgo mirrors when you get your bar ends. this is a plce where you really DO get what you pay for

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah the emgos totally suck! you can never tighten them enough and yer lucky if you make it a city block before they wiggleloose again!!

EMGO=POOP

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm thinking there needs to be a solid link somewhere on this site about installing clubmans... Moderators?

Just a thought.

Hey By'

21 - 30 of 30 Posts