Cafe Racer Forum banner

Interesting mainstream look at vintage bikes

990 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kenessex 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I invited Mitch Boehm up to race with us on our Vintage weekend in August. TimO threw down the gauntlet heavily (with tongue mostly in cheek)...

"I should have bike #2 up and running by then. So, we can put him on the fastest bike in the club, and I will still kick his ass...
Then he can write an article about being spanked by a 47 year old "has-been" on a 35 year old bike...

There, I have thrown down the gauntlet. Please forward this e-mail to Mitch. I am certain he is not man enough to rise to the challenge!"

We'll see if they actually manage to make it.

Michael

#4 ·
I'll let you all know if anything happens - he did reply back and indicate that he aknowledged the gauntlet toss and would look at their calendar to see if they could make it happen.

I'd love to get more press for the vintage racing scene - especially ours here...

If it works out well we should all deluge the magazines with ride offers - wouldn't it be cool to have an article in every issue about vintage racing somewhere in the states?

BTW - we had something like 20 bikes on the F-160/250 Vintage grid out here this race weekend, and expect more at the next race. Once the race reports start rolling in I'll post them to the Group W blog and put a pointer note up here.

Michael

#5 ·
Michael,
My brother is in the process of moving to Dallas, OR. If I get out to visit this summer or fall, is there any chance of scaring up an F-160 ride? I would really like to talk him back into racing and would see about building a couple of F-160s and leaving them with him.

Ken

#6 ·
Probably - let me know when you'll be out here and we can check the race schedule to see where there's racing, then see about scaring up a ride from the appropriate group. There's usually a rentaracer available or spare bike from someone who's out of town. Not always, but usually.

I have friends in Dallas - own the local funeral home actually. My dad owned the funeral home in Newport and John Bollman owned the one in Dallas - was his best friend - they went to mortuary school together. John's passed on now but his son Michael has taken over.

Small world.

Michael

#7 ·
Michael,
My brother is a doctor, so he may be providing customers for your friend.
I don't have any plans yet, but would schedule a trip around a race weekend at Portland if possible.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.