Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, giving the good old college try to pull the internal wires out of the stock bars from my KZ650, got the throttle side out without much trouble, but the clutch side is giving me a hard time. Any tricks of the trade for getting 30+ year old wiring harnesses to pull from a tight spot?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Sometimes you have to pull one wire out at a time. I'm not sure if there is a wire harness inside the KZ setup. I've also taped together the end points and separated the endpoints so they don't bunch up when being extracted through the bar.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Sometimes you have to pull one wire out at a time. I'm not sure if there is a wire harness inside the KZ setup. I've also taped together the end points and separated the endpoints so they don't bunch up when being extracted through the bar.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a harness in there but it's pretty brittle, I wonder if a little save all WD-40 would help things move a little feels like it doesn't want to budge to far.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a harness in there but it's pretty brittle, I wonder if a little save all WD-40 would help things move a little feels like it doesn't want to budge to far.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The main point is to take electrical tape and tape the ends so they are as thin as possible and don't bunch up as your pulling them through. A little lube wouldn't hurt them but you don't need to go crazy with it. I wouldn't be worried about saving the wire harness cover and that could be where it's getting all bunched up inside the bar.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The main point is to take electrical tape and tape the ends so they are as thin as possible and don't bunch up as your pulling them through. A little lube wouldn't hurt them but you don't need to go crazy with it. I wouldn't be worried about saving the wire harness cover and that could be where it's getting all bunched up inside the bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts