Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never fully introduced myself or my bike. I live in a small town in southern Maine so riding season is considered over and its rebuild time.

I bought the “Ton-Up Turtle” 1977 CB750, spring of 2006 as a two CB750 deal. I haven't started on the 1976 CB yet. I convinced myself that the bike would pay for it self and save money on gas as a daily commuter, but it quickly turned into my whiskey dream on a tap water budget.

Summer of 06 I road it as a flat black Rat bike with only new fluids and filters. Winter 06 I replace wheel bearing, sprockets, drive chain, brake lines, pads and shoes, and numerous missing parts. I install 4 into 1 muffler, European style low-rise handlebars. Replace steering head ball bearings with tapered roller bearings. Replace swing arm plastic bushings with bronze bushings. Clean and synchronize carburetors. Replace engine screws with stainless steel socket head cap screws. Cut down/reshaped seat and sew a new seat cover. Cleaned, polished, striped, and painted a new rattle-can paintjob, (color change green/silver paint was on sale and it’s kind’a neat).

Right now (winter 07) the engine is dissembled in order to replace a leaking head gasket and I figured that I might as well install new rings and lap the valves and seats while I'm at it. It almost sounds like I know what I'm doing, but let me assure you that I'm a newbie to cycle work of this degree.

Thank You to the guys that helped with my questions.

Unloaded from the truck 06

Riding 06

Riding 07

·
Registered
242 Posts
So,why not really fully introduce yourself? There are about ten plus or minus southern Mainers on this forum including the founders and maintainers of this website--several in Portland, a couple (not that kind of couple) in Freeport, Auburn, New Gloucester and beyond.... Oh yes, I like the bike.
nN888

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Looking pretty good John. Good to see you commuting on it so much and that really is what counts isn't it?
Don't feed the animals here too much, we all know how they love clubman's, esp. Geeto.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts