Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
BMW K1100
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm coming on here to share information and lean a few things from the community. I'm not a "caferacer" guy but I can appreciate it!
Currently I have a K-1100 that's hard to categorize; she's Kinda like a scrambler but not. I call it Dirty K Style (DKS).

Hit me up if you'd like information on doing a K1200 swingarm swap, I believe I'm the first to do one ever!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Administrator
280 Posts
Hello all,

I'm coming on here to share information and lean a few things from the community. I'm not a "caferacer" guy but I can appreciate it!
Currently I have a K-1100 that's hard to categorize; she's Kinda like a scrambler but not. I call it Dirty K Style (DKS).

Hit me up if you'd like information on doing a K1200 swingarm swap, I believe I'm the first to do one ever!
Hi. Welcome onboard.

Interesting build.

Is it a project bike, or do you have a specific function in mind for it?

IMO - the extra long wheelbase is going to make it pretty difficult for scrambler work, but I don't know much about scramblers, so I could be wrong.

Do you have any pics with the seat on?

·
Registered
BMW K1100
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was going for an aggressive look with the knobby tires and dirt bars. I have number plates for the front to kind of give it a crossover from street to dirt.

the wheel base just looks long, its only about 1.25in extended over the K1100.

Is it okay that I'm not going for a certain style of build? I'm just having fun building something unique. I would like it to be somewhat comfortable to ride though.
Probably need to change the tires out to be more for the street after these burn up.

·
Administrator
280 Posts
the wheel base just looks long, its only about 1.25in extended over the K1100.

Is it okay that I'm not going for a certain style of build? I'm just having fun building something unique.
Yes, now in the latest pic the WB doesn't look long, I think the short seat loop makes it look longer than it really is.

Hey mate, your bike, your build. If you post up pics, everyone is going to ask questions or comment.

btw - I see the headers come out on the left, but the muffler is in the middle of the seat loop. Do you still have a mid-pipe to manufacture?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts