Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 100 bucks a good deal for a 1975 cb125 that has all parts, but doesnt run? Motor would obviously need rebuilt or replaced, but could I get my money back by selling parts if I couldn't fix it. I've sold a few things on ebay so that could be an option. I just think It would make a sweet cafe to run around my small town.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Does it turn over? Does the motor have compression? Are all the parts there? Is the tank rusted out? Is the exhaust rusted out? Does it have a title?

Have you read the FAQ?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
does it have a title? even if you can get a transferrable registration for it (pre 1973 vehicles in NY) it will cost you some money, title services will pretty much double your invesement for just the paper.

No title - free is a good price - maybe $25 bucks if you feel generous...

really do you ned a 125cc bike? sounds like a good parts bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has clear title, but It doesnt have good compression. And yes... I ned it....I ned it bad. Sorry Geet, It just sounded so funny read aloud!!!

And Borzwazie: Do you think a $100 bike has all parts with no rust?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds like you already have made your mind up. Buy it and let us know how it turns out.. good or bad

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
No, I expect lots of rust - the question is whether the tank and the exhaust, both possibly high-dollar items, are usable. My exhausts had pitting that went the whole way thru both walls of the headers.

That sounds like a parts bike to me - offer the guy $50 at most.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
i have 2 cb125s if i saw one with a clear title and ok parts i would pay $100 for it and use it as a parts bike. ebay has tons of parts for them. if your looking for parts that will clean up nice and good to build a non %100 stock bike then the parts are cheap and easy to find. if you looking to make the bike look new then the parts are hard to fine and cost more.....but its like that way with all bikes.

got any pics? that might help us know what kind of shape its in. where are you? for $100 like i said id take it...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I havn't made up my mind yet, I kinda wanted others opinion. And I'm waiting for the pics to be emailed. The seller said he'd email them wed. but nothin yet. I'll call and see what the excuse is.

Jaguar: I'm in wichita KS, the bike is in tulsa OK.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

No exhaust at all!! I may offer $50 for it.

It needs total recall work done!!!!
Plus there is a dent on the other side of tank as if Payton manning threw a steel football at it from 1 yard away!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
not worth it at all. listen to the voice of experience here...i bought a datsun king cab pickup truck 3 years ago. i just had to have it, only one around, blown head gasket. the guy found out how much i wanted it and charged me $1000 for it...its a $100 truck at best. i still haven't fooled with it much (other than getting the head gasket replaced). now i see good runners going for $600...not a good feeling. just be patient and something will come up, i dont want anybody else making the same mistake that i did!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Told the guy I'd give him $25 bucks and he took it. Probably could have got it for free!!! Anyways..I feel OK about 25 bucks. I'll strip it down and probably sell frame and engine parts. Front fender and rear whell/spokes look ok too.

And Tulsa is no problem. My Father is a driver and works in Tulsa and Blackwell OK.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
wonder what shipping for the frame would be to new york....or just the vin tag and title?........

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
don't know what corners you've been hanging out on......

anyway, thought I should mention I had a frame shipped via greyhound once a couple years back. I think it cost me something like $15. Not a bad price considering the cost of shipping via other means.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts