Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone makes wild comments on whats good, whats bad, and whats ugly ...but only Geeto67 posts bikes so I know and everyone else knows where his head is at ...and rarely do I hear him make derogatory comments on anyones bike...that to me is the sign of a true bike builder..Restraint in bad mouthing others hard work.

So I want to see what you all think is "THE" bike to you. And because I dont know everything ..do include a link to the bike your talking about like Geeto does on just about every occassion.

Just seems so easy to put down someone elses work when you have no alternative reference, for us to go by, when you put them down.

So educate us, that are misinformed,and maybe (mispelled)
What you all hold so high as the true and "THE" cafe racer .
This way when you so easily disregard someones hard work we all have a reference point of your Cafe Racer/Cafe street styled bike.

Sound fair but now lets see how many can put up or shut up!!
and if you cant put up maybe you should hold your useless comments till you can contribute ....it so damn easy to teardown what takes a long time to build .

and by not posting you really should keep comments to yourself.

THIS IS NOT WRITTEN IN ANGER THOUGH IT MAY HAVE THAT TONE .JUSt show use something instead of tearing every bike you see down!

Edited by - LiLBull on Nov 28 2005 5:56:00 PM

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and please, will the giggly guys in leather, go in another room and have a beer for this thread!

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Hey Bull,
I forgot to respond to this. I never like ripping other peoples work, mostly because everyone has different taste. But when I see factory racers turned in street bikes I'm going to rip them. I don't go around ripping on bikes I don't like, I would be doing it all day. I really don't like most bikes that I see. I wouldn't be caught dead on one of your bikes, but not because they are not nice or the work isn't quality, I just simply don't like it. So the bike I was ripping had nothing really wrong with it as a street or cafe racer, but to me it was glorious piece of history that ruined and it put through hell and back.

Glad to have you on the board Bull.

Aaron

Edited by - aaron on Dec 01 2005 11:01:45 AM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Personally I fuckin despise cafe racers...in fact I don't even like vintage bikes much at all...I'm just here because the guys I race with are here...and I can say fuck if I want to.

If I wasn't worried about breaking my bones and being out of work I'd be racing modern bikes.

Ok...I don't DESPISE Cafe bikes....I just don't pay them any more attention than I do any other obsolete piece of crap that comes down the road....which applies to about 95% of vintage bikes. There are that 5% that are/were just so cool in their day, so advanced for their time that they will be eternal classics. But...for the most part, turning a boring, obsolete piece of crap into a slightly lighter, slightly faster, slightly shinier boring, obsolete piece of crap just doesn't hold my interest for long.

Funny...I do like hot cars from the 60's...although stock ones....and they are obsolete pieces of crap. Ehhhh fuck it, it's just the way I am.

Did I mention I can say "fuck" here?
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
This is THE bike. Not because it's a great bike, and it sure ain't pretty. But it's what I have and it was my first. As you can see, I shouldn't rip many bikes, but I do because I believe in double standards.

And just to put everyone's mind at ease....you will always be able to say FUCK here.

JD

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Theres about $100 of your rear tyre you not using. Jeremy is one of closet friends... And I think he stupid, his bike sucks, and he's not real handsome.

Love, Aaron

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
It's a good thing I only paid $10 for it. Did I mention it used to be on Joe's racebike? I hate Joe, his bike sucks, he can't race, and he sucks at trackside cooking.

JD

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
wow, the founding fathers of a cafer racer message board despise cafe racers...that is so post modern.

Aaron, you would have hated one of my friends down south, he had a yellow sub norton (factory race bike) that actually competed in the isle of man in 1969. Yellow subs were delivered as street bikes (meaning thay had lights and mufflers but all the racer bodywork was in place) and then cut up by racers to compete, their engines were race preped from norton. The bike he had was restored from beat up racer to as delivered from norton. To be fair the bike really didn't finish high at the TT and he had 5 other race bikes each with stunning race historys so it wasn't like he didn't appreciate them.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I think that situation might be a little different then where I was headed with the thread. Just so you know I was only kidding about not liking most bikes. I think you can learn or appreciate atleast something from any custom bike.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
soon this post will be buried and the subject will come up again ,just thought Id voice that I hate people ripping bikes..you dont know what the guy was up against financially or shop wise or talent wise,long as it resembles a cafe style bike ,you have to give the guy something for trying .There are some people that just stick a fairing from JC whitney on their bike and its the intent that counts to me .

If every one was on the same playing field all hand the same bike all had the same talent and all had the same shop set up ,and same funds to funnel into a bike build...then the gloves are off and rip away in fun.

But just slicing up someones efforts ,without understanding the rest of the behind the scenes ..which we all know is going on doesnt hold any respect for that person to me.

yeah we are cafe racers yes we are cafe style builders ,and cafe bike dreamers .......

But let anyone who comes here or reads the post here say the caferacer.net is just a bunch of a''holes.Well we only have ourselves to blame.

True builders ,true enthusiasts are very ,giving in knowledge and talent and advise..Dont belittle someones efforts ...we here are all better then that ..or at lease should try to be.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
One of my favourites. A classic straight from the old country, like me.

http://home.triad.rr.com/stattz/Continental Enfield 500

It's an Enfield Bullet 500 with their Continental kit. I love it. If Enfields were reliable I'd buy one. My sister spends 2 out of every 10 weeks in India and we're planning a month long bike trip there on rented Enfields (if we can ditch the kids...LOL). Several firms have a mechanic follow the riders around. That says something...We'd like to be a bit more idependent but who wants to spend their hard earned vacation sitting on the side of the road wondering what went wrong and how to fix it.

Stattz

Edited by - stattz on Dec 01 2005 9:10:14 PM

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Stattz,
I think the Enfield is a pretty tough bike. If it had a bit more hp, I'd race one.

Also if you take the period out of your link it will work.

Aaron

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oops! Thanks for the tip. How do I get the image to show up in my post. All i ever get is the link. I must be doing something wrong, I guess.

Stattz

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Stattz, when posting, click the icon that looks like a photo of mountains with the black triangle next to it. It provides the tags
and you put the link in between them.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
JD...who stole your seat and replaced it with a giant black penis?

Course I can think of about three dozen people on this forum that might like that.

Somebody post another pic of their bike so I can rip on it....freakin fartbags.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
One of my favourites. A classic straight from the old country, like me.

http://home.triad.rr.com/stattz/Continental Enfield 500

It's an Enfield Bullet 500 with their Continental kit. I love it. If Enfields were reliable I'd buy one. My sister spends 2 out of every 10 weeks in India and we're planning a month long bike trip there on rented Enfields (if we can ditch the kids...LOL). Several firms have a mechanic follow the riders around. That says something...We'd like to be a bit more idependent but who wants to spend their hard earned vacation sitting on the side of the road wondering what went wrong and how to fix it.

Stattz

Edited by - stattz on Dec 01 2005 9:10:14 PM
Stattz, I had a borrowed indian enfield in the states for a while and with the exception of being slow compared to modern bikes the bike is pretty tough and durable. The new enfields use japanese electronics and really have eliminated all the problems brit bikes suffered from a long time ago. If I wasn't such a tremendous fatass I would ride one. When I was looking at them in 2003 you could get a new one for $3000. That is the same price as a ninja 250 and the enfields are better looking.

The reason they have a mechanic follow you in india is that...well. it's fucking india. It isn't the states where there are autoparts stores on every corner and just about ever gas station does an excellent job fixing it. Plus you are a forigner in their country. They probably send a mechanic with you because they don't want some indian butcher fixing their bikes and yu getting ripped off for it. Plus the roads are a lot crappier in india and I imagine that it takes its toll on the bikes.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
fuck, fuck, fuckity fuckers! fuck it, fuck it, fuck it, FUCK!

your right johnny, that is fun.

fuckin' tex

1 - 20 of 21 Posts