Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
been on there for like 6 months. assume it has a bad engine. i mean, most of it is there, but depends on what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It probably depends on why it isn't running. I bought my non-running CB750 for $300. It did not have battery, coils or wires. It also needed all 4 carbs, forks, front caliper, gauges and left and right controls rebuilt.

I am guessing that I have another 5-700 into it, and a bunch of time. But it is almost on the road and will have cost between $800-1200. As well, i sold the highway bars, crash bars, air box, turn signals. passenger pegs and luggage rack on Ebay for $180.

If it is an easy fix it is worth it but if you have a bunch of issues to fix it could get pricey. I have seen lots of running 750's for $800-1200

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
it needs everything.....all the major service items at least and it could run you $800 easily (good tires are expensive).

There is no mention of title. If it has a clear title I would say it is worth it if you could get it for $200. Without a title run the opposite direction. I have a 77 GS 750 and it has been an expensive proposition to get a title for that bike because most title services regard it as "too new"

that is some sanford and son shit right there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i will pass. It does have a title, but i already have a CB500 and an XJ650 that dont run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts