Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I just got my 73 Sportster for about $2500 and it is a runner with a clean title. I am finding plenty of stuff that will need to be fixed before I will take it out again, but I rode it 40 miles home after trading the car for it. There are lots of running ironhead sportsters around here for under $3000. I would like to have a Sportster from the year of my birth, except it wasn't introduced until the next year.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I just got my 73 Sportster for about $2500 and it is a runner with a clean title. I am finding plenty of stuff that will need to be fixed before I will take it out again, but I rode it 40 miles home after trading the car for it. There are lots of running ironhead sportsters around here for under $3000. I would like to have a Sportster from the year of my birth, except it wasn't introduced until the next year.
That would make you 60? I pictured you younger.:p

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I saw the listing had ended so I contacted the seller. He said it hadn't sold but he was taking to someone. If that's you Knappy you have bargaining room because he didn't make it sound like anyone else was interested. It was an estate sale find, so figure he paid half what he's asking and should be happy to make a grand off you. Good Luck
It's probably me. Based on our conversations he seems to be a real nice guy.

He has been honest with me from the get go about a possible trade with a friend of a friend. I told him if he is going to get a killer deal on something then feel no obligation to me. I am working in Corona Ca so its not that far but far enough. If worst came to worst I would just tell my kids to pick it up for me. I really don't want to get it sight unseen but this project up here has turned into somewhat of a pain......and longer.

I like kenessexs deal. But around here they are a little harder to come by. At least looking like the one I'm interested in.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts