Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was just a matter of time before someone shoehorned a VROD motor into a small frame....no shortage of power here!
Check it out on thekneeslider.com

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
that is awesome. Bout time someone did something performance oreinted with that motor (aside from Roheor or however you spell it). Not sure what I think of that gooseneck frame though.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
So I know a cat named Dan Hurda who is a drive trane engineer for Buell. A couple years ago I asked him why Buell didn't use the Vrod lump in a sportbike. His response was "It's too heavy, the engine weighs more than an XB1...."

Seems like typical "Company" thinking to me. I give him a raft of shit for it now......any chance I get actually. One of these days he'll quit taking my calls...ha!

Smaller diameter front wheel, a bit larger tank and a bullet fairing and this would be cool as hell.

It's only cool as heck at this point.....

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
there was a company in france doing sprty vmaxes with chain drive conversions. Then they got really wilde with custom frame and suspension designs similar to a Tesi 2d.

when you factor in all the custom work no matter the motor a custom bike always ends up costing the same.

·
Registered
216 Posts
like the maxi size motor but, that seat, tail and rear wheel all need help.

Thanks,
billy

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
It would be better to just copy the original, VR1000. I'm surprised no one is making replica's?

PJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts