Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
491 Posts
He has done a great job of capturing the look, hiding the big lump under the tank and still having some fuel capacity. There were doubts about the side covers but I think it was the right call to put them on.
I agree. It’s one thing to be able to see that in your head and totally another to make it come out through your hands. He’s got both.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That metalwork is lovely.
The beads on the welds are nice and even.
The welder has definite skills
In case you didn't read it above. We are looking for a pair of 5 spoke wheels for it, they would need to go to Colchester. They were on 98-02 SS's and 00-01 M900. If you know anyone who might have a pair or think of someone to contact I'd appreciate the lead.

·
Registered
175 Posts
In case you didn't read it above. We are looking for a pair of 5 spoke wheels for it, they would need to go to Colchester. They were on 98-02 SS's and 00-01 M900. If you know anyone who might have a pair or think of someone to contact I'd appreciate the lead.
I have a good few friends who have a lot of bike parts kicking around down the bike club i will ask for you.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've been negligent in my posting duties but Steveo has been making great progress on the bike.

He has serviced the engine, new clutch and then put an unbelievable amount of work into detailing. To me the finish he has put on the engine should embarrass Ducati, they made a pretty engine look old butt ugly. Look at post 41 for comparison.
Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Parts are back from powder coating and he has started to do some reassembly. The body is at the painters getting the base black, then they will put them on the bike and layout the details, which will all be handpainted.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Shelf

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Bodywork is at the painters for the final work. We have been trying to buy an Ohlins but it seems there are shortages and we can't get one from the factory until fall 2022. We may have found one in California, hopefully there is and it works out. Otherwise we will need to buy something else. Maxton, an English company, is on deck. Maxton Suspension home page

A little more assembly.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

41 - 60 of 67 Posts